Sign in to follow this  
farmallman77

What's the best Roundup you've been to?

Since we are talking red power roundups what is the best one you've been to and why?  

You can say the worst one and why as well if you want.  But I dont want this to be a bash thread. 

The best I've been to was la porte IN.  I liked the auction as well as all the pre 39 equipment there.  It was a nice set up.  

Lima OH was good too, seemed to be the size.  

Union grove WI. Seemed to have a lot of engine swaps which was neat.  

Chris

Chapter 10 in penfield ill in 2002 . they had 1500 ih tractors.

• Like 1

I`d say Lima was better than Bloomsburg.

At Lima, SsssssssssssssMiller gave me a beer  (maybe 2) and no drinks were offered at the Dynoman`s tent in PA.

Thanks a lot Pete.

For nuthin...

• Haha 2

Hey Pete let you sit in front of his machine that blows cool air.....B):huh:

I agree, I did think Lima was better and maybe the 07 Bloomsburg but that was my first and it was still awesome.

I really enjoyed Mansfield. Met a lot of people for the first time. Had a thoroughly enjoyable sit down with a group of like aged and experienced guys talking about how much fun the farming,ranching, rodeoing,Sh!tkicker U lifestyle was back in the 70's and 80's.

Honorable mention to the Mid winter convention at Lancaster.

Hookstown was just a sea of mud that year. Plus my son was small so I had to carry him.

1 hour ago, MTO said:

I`d say Lima was better than Bloomsburg.

At Lima, SsssssssssssssMiller gave me a beer  (maybe 2) and no drinks were offered at the Dynoman`s tent in PA.

Thanks a lot Pete.

For nuthin...

If I'd of had a beer I'd have offered it.  I don't like hangovers and I haven't had beer in over 25 years, half a beer puts me to sleep and a big headache.  I have learned my lesson with whiskey, one or two is enough for me.  

• Like 2

My favorite has been Lima in 2013. A close second would be Madison, WI in 2009. Getting to drive a tractor to the Archives was fun!

2 hours ago, TomH said:

Hey Pete let you sit in front of his machine that blows cool air.....B):huh:

I agree, I did think Lima was better and maybe the 07 Bloomsburg but that was my first and it was still awesome.

I was trying to blow the smell away from me! 😂

• Haha 3

2009 Wisconsin for me 

Albert Lea 2nd

27 minutes ago, Wi Ih said:

2009 Wisconsin for me 

Albert Lea 2nd

Why?

Chris

Every one I have attended - 2016 at Union Grove and 2019 at Bloomsburg.

I reeeeeally wish I could have made it to more. I wish I could have seen the cotton equipment in Alabama, multitude of the bigger tractors in Io-way  and I wish I could make it to Huron next year etc.

Sadly the next one I have a better chance of getting to is Springfield Ohio. I like meeting up with the hoodlums at the meet and greet even if it means seeing MTO again 

;)

• Like 1

I haven't been to enough to really qualify as favorites/non favorites, but I really liked 2013 Lima.  The grounds were awesome: lots of shade to escape the heat, etc; displays broken up by different areas and it didn't feel like a giant parking lot of M after H after C after M after 400 etc.  

Second favorite was 98.  I was going from 7th to 8th grade and Dad took us to a tractor show like he's done every summer, but this time every single tractor was red!  It was great!  It hasn't been held in Michigan since. 😒  

• Like 2

I agree with Wilson, Penfield 2002 I don't think will ever be matched. 100th anniversary of International Harvester.

• Like 2

Desmoines, only because its the only one ive been too....🙂

2 hours ago, farmallman77 said:

Why?

Chris

2009 Wisconsin was the first one I attended and Albert Lea I just felt was a good show, I can’t say anything negative about any of them that I’ve attend, they feature IH stuff !!

6 hours ago, Pete1468 said:

If I'd of had a beer I'd have offered it.  I don't like hangovers and I haven't had beer in over 25 years, half a beer puts me to sleep and a big headache.  I have learned my lesson with whiskey, one or two is enough for me.  

Aah, were you raised by wolves?!

It`s called "company drinks"

It`s stuff you keep around even tho you don`t like or use it for "company"!!

My parents taught me etiquette...... 

6 hours ago, Pete1468 said:

I was trying to blow the smell away from me! 😂

Iowaboy and bitty, don`t support his hurtful behavior with :lol:!

• Haha 2

Des Moines,  but I may be a little biased!  😁  Every Roundup offers unique and memorable experiences.   However, Albert Lea, Huron and Union Grove are among my favorites. 

• Like 1

My favorite is the 1st one I haven't been at yet

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MTO said:

Iowaboy and bitty, don`t support his hurtful behavior with :lol:!

What can I say, I'm a product of my environment, that 2 days around you was all that did it.

• Haha 2

Penfield  2002 every one for me after that has kinda been a let down

I'm encouraged that almost no one said Bloomsburg 2019. It's the only one I've been to, and it was a ton of fun. If that isn't among the best, then I can't wait for 2020. Not sure how I'm getting to SD, but I'm sure gonna try! Might have to fanangle a trip to the Steiger plant as well

And how is Steiger not the 2020 feature?!?! You guys probably know I'm biased and they're my favorites, but come on. They were made nearby and that's big farm country!

12 minutes ago, KWRB said:

I'm encouraged that almost no one said Bloomsburg 2019. It's the only one I've been to, and it was a ton of fun. If that isn't among the best, then I can't wait for 2020. Not sure how I'm getting to SD, but I'm sure gonna try! Might have to fanangle a trip to the Steiger plant as well

And how is Steiger not the 2020 feature?!?! You guys probably know I'm biased and they're my favorites, but come on. They were made nearby and that's big farm country!

Although Steiger built some 4wd tractors for IH, using some IH components and later became part of the CIH family..... those machines are not popular enough to use as a main feature.  I will admit that a strong showing of those machines by enthusiasts in Huron would be fun! 😁

1 hour ago, KWRB said:

Oh, I think RPRU last month was a GREAT show!

I`ve only seen 2 and they were both great shows. 

Spoke to some at Bloomsburg who were at last years show down south and they felt last years show wasn`t what they expected.

I don`t think you can have a BAD Roundup!

They all would have their own specialties.

Tough...no... impossible , to please everyone.

Cannot imagine the WORK it takes to do one.

All of you who have put one on know though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2