Sign in to follow this  
sandhiller

Kinda proud of the young man

He works his tail off for a gentleman who owns 3 ranches. He takes care of the one he lives on and helps on the other two when needed. Only time he gets off is for part time duty with the Guard. Decided to do something with his music this summer so got one of the songs he wrote recorded and on iTunes. Gets to play once a month at a private golf club. Played 3 county fairs and playing the bars or other events when invited. Plays for tips only. Any money he gets in, first half, off the top, gets divided between Wounded Warriors and St Jude's. People have been very generous. God gives wealth to people who freely share with those in need.

IMG_20190810_164853_01.thumb.jpg.ec804cf3fdcbf42c279f314133f3fcc3.jpg

• Like 11

..of all the stuff one is "taught "  at school.......what one is least  prepared for is adult life/marriage/kids etc.....you get thrown in "the deep end "...and sometimes its a real battle to haul yourself out........kids these days expect so much with  peer pressure etc.....sometimes , as I remembered, being a parent was a hard   a job  as one could ever want........

...so when  the  "troops " grow up...and come up trumps...it is a gives a great deal of pleasure to parents......and the difficult  , lip pouting   times are forgotten.....those are my thoughts anyway........this after raising four girls.....:wub:

Darn right , Sandhiller, to be proud of that young man...........

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That`s quite a young man sandhiller.

Product of good parenting?

• Thanks 1

great story..........thanks for sharing and doing your part as a parent 

• Thanks 1

What those guys said ^, GOOD ON YA!!!

Mike

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MTO said:

That`s quite a young man sandhiller.

Product of good parenting?

He has a real good mother. 

10 hours ago, Thesd5488 said:

Where can we hear it ?

Hope I'm not crossing any forum rules here. But, itunes, Spotify and I think Amazon. Cade Vackiner, My Own Worst Enemy. He writes his best songs just after a girl up and leaves him.😂

22 hours ago, mike_newman said:

..of all the stuff one is "taught "  at school.......what one is least  prepared for is adult life/marriage/kids etc.....you get thrown in "the deep end "...and sometimes its a real battle to haul yourself out........kids these days expect so much with  peer pressure etc.....sometimes , as I remembered, being a parent was a hard   a job  as one could ever want........

...so when  the  "troops " grow up...and come up trumps...it is a gives a great deal of pleasure to parents......and the difficult  , lip pouting   times are forgotten.....those are my thoughts anyway........this after raising four girls.....:wub:

Darn right , Sandhiller, to be proud of that young man...........

Mike

An old saying around here is "There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I hired on to this outfit". Kind of fits parenting I think😄

I agree with you Mike, the tough times are forgotten when you see the young adult and what they have become. 

Wow, 4 girls!!! You have both my admiration and sympathies. 😂 Makes my three boys a walk in the park. All three of my boys' girlfriends are terrific young ladies with some fire, I just love 'em. I give kudo's to their parents for raising them up right and hope to add them all into the family someday. I'll bet you're just as proud of your girls as they are of you!

Nothing beats that feeling for a parent to watch their kids grow up and become something wonderful!

More kudos to you!

• Thanks 1

Well, let’s get him some views 😊

If half of what you said was true, he would sound like a good one. 👍🏼👍🏼 Two thumbs up Dad

• Thanks 1

The boys got talent! And a good upbringing it sounds like! Good job Mom and Dad!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, sandhiller said:

He has a real good mother. 

Hope I'm not crossing any forum rules here. But, itunes, Spotify and I think Amazon. Cade Vackiner, My Own Worst Enemy. He writes his best songs just after a girl up and leaves him.😂

The boy asks his Dad who he got his common sense from.

Dad says "You must have gotten it from your mother because I still have mine"

• Haha 3