Coytee

Mea Culpa...

On 8/11/2019 at 5:18 PM, J-Mech said:

So, you gonna trade it off yet?

You're a lot like my father in law.  I get a kick out of him fooling with things like this all the time.  He hasn't a clue what he's doing but it doesn't stop him from spending all kinds of money and time trying to be like the "big boys".  He'll spend $100 to save $.10.  Kills me.  He'll mess for months with something I could fix in an hour or two.

All you need is a used Bush Hog.  You DO NOT need a brand stinking new one.  Get that out of your head.  I know farmers who mow off far more ground than you think you need to and wouldn't buy a brand new mower.  Good used is good enough.  

Did we not just have a tread about you dropping a bucket off your tractor and smashing stuff and I think everybody was pretty kind to you,  here he is admitting that he made a mistake and what he did wrong and you still go after him. I just don’t get it !

1 hour ago, Wi Ih said:

Did we not just have a tread about you dropping a bucket off your tractor and smashing stuff and I think everybody was pretty kind to you,  here he is admitting that he made a mistake and what he did wrong and you still go after him. I just don’t get it !

I didn't come on the forum and ask how to mount and install a loader bucket, but then ignore all the advice I was given.  I made a mistake and had an accident.  Mr Coyote has multiple threads on here between this tractor and mower and for several months now, we had told him where the problem likely was, and that he would be better off trading it off and getting a PTO driven machine.  

So, while I appreciate the grace I recieved,  it really has nothing to do with this thread.  How many times must we help him hash out this issue and get totally ignored?  How many times can you replace a PTO shaft, hook up an implement, break it off again and not try and fix the root cause???  First broken shaft I would have said fluke.  Second shaft:  there's an issue.  He's on shaft 4, and just now is starting to understand.  I didn't drop a loader bucket on a tractor 4 times before realizing there was a mistake being made.  This problem and this topic is getting quite old.

So, I really don't understand what problem you seem to have, unless it is you are just looking for ways to complain and totally ignoring the facts. I'm not making an attack, I'm just wondering how many more times we need to have this discussion.  I would expect had I dropped a loader bucket off a tractor 4 times and told about it here, by the 4th time I'd be getting some serious lashings about it, and frankly, it would be well deserved. 

22 minutes ago, J-Mech said:

I didn't come on the forum and ask how to mount and install a loader bucket, but then ignore all the advice I was given.  I made a mistake and had an accident.  Mr Coyote has multiple threads on here between this tractor and mower and for several months now, we had told him where the problem likely was, and that he would be better off trading it off and getting a PTO driven machine.  

So, while I appreciate the grace I recieved,  it really has nothing to do with this thread.  How many times must we help him hash out this issue and get totally ignored?  How many times can you replace a PTO shaft, hook up an implement, break it off again and not try and fix the root cause???  First broken shaft I would have said fluke.  Second shaft:  there's an issue.  He's on shaft 4, and just now is starting to understand.  I didn't drop a loader bucket on a tractor 4 times before realizing there was a mistake being made.  This problem and this topic is getting quite old.

So, I really don't understand what problem you seem to have, unless it is you are just looking for ways to complain and totally ignoring the facts. I'm not making an attack, I'm just wondering how many more times we need to have this discussion.  I would expect had I dropped a loader bucket off a tractor 4 times and told about it here, by the 4th time I'd be getting some serious lashings about it, and frankly, it would be well deserved. 

So why is it nobody else is giving him the stern talking to, they’re just trying to help him that’s what I don’t understand 

58 minutes ago, Wi Ih said:

So why is it nobody else is giving him the stern talking to, they’re just trying to help him that’s what I don’t understand 

Because we get tired of reiterating the same to him is why we stop responding.

its like when your dead you don’t know it but everybody else does, being stupid is the same way.....

• Haha 1

On 8/13/2019 at 11:13 AM, Wi Ih said:

Thank you for the kind thoughts.  Don't worry too much about me though, I can take it.  I honestly thought my making a comment about them being right would perhaps lower their attitudes and realize maybe I'm not (quite as much) the dumbazz they might think I am.  (not to say I'm not one, perhaps I'm only a 54 instead of a 98 :D  I am of course rounding....  it would have been a 98.34745932 and I took the liberty of rounding down!)

Anyway, their vituperative attitudes/comments do more to show things about them than me.  I'm not a psychiatrist but wouldn't be surprised if they have some suppressed issues elsewhere in life.  

Heaven forbid I post a picture and ask them if it's ok to use John Deere either in the red 1066!!!  They might blow a cord.  (guess what either can is hanging in the 1066!!)

In my work, I come across people every day that do absolutely S.T.U.P.I.D. things....  I just smile and without berating them, try to show them some different options.  If I see them a year later and they've maintained their S.T.U.P.I.D. ways...  I just smile and without berating them, try to show them some different options.

I once read something somewhere and I'm sure I'll butcher it....  as I recall it was one of those chinese proverb things, maybe something Confucius said or maybe Buddah....  I don't know.

The gist of it was "The burden of patience belongs to he with more wisdom"

So if you take your current glasses off.....  look through the glasses of that comment, THEN read some of peoples comments....  it perhaps suggests things about them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Coytee said:

Thank you for the kind thoughts.  Don't worry too much about me though, I can take it.  I honestly thought my making a comment about them being right would perhaps lower their attitudes and realize maybe I'm not (quite as much) the dumbazz they might think I am.  (not to say I'm not one, perhaps I'm only a 54 instead of a 98 :D  I am of course rounding....  it would have been a 98.34745932 and I took the liberty of rounding down!)

Anyway, their vituperative attitudes/comments do more to show things about them than me.  I'm not a psychiatrist but wouldn't be surprised if they have some suppressed issues elsewhere in life.  

Heaven forbid I post a picture and ask them if it's ok to use John Deere either in the red 1066!!!  They might blow a cord.  (guess what either can is hanging in the 1066!!)

In my work, I come across people every day that do absolutely S.T.U.P.I.D. things....  I just smile and without berating them, try to show them some different options.  If I see them a year later and they've maintained their S.T.U.P.I.D. ways...  I just smile and without berating them, try to show them some different options.

I once read something somewhere and I'm sure I'll butcher it....  as I recall it was one of those chinese proverb things, maybe something Confucius said or maybe Buddah....  I don't know.

The gist of it was "The burden of patience belongs to he with more wisdom"

So if you take your current glasses off.....  look through the glasses of that comment, THEN read some of peoples comments....  it perhaps suggests things about them.

Yea, some things said to you were unfair. But you have multiple threads on here discussing your problems and dilemmas without one post in any other thread. And when you have a great opportunity to contribute to the community by doing a tutorial on rebuilding a pto unit. Nothing. You obviously got quite a bit of experience. You did it what, four times. And it looks like typing is not a problem for you. So I don’t feel you have been gravely wronged by the sharp comments. Suck it up buttercup.

• Like 1