450diesel

Need help with an adaptor

Hi everyone,

I need some help. I have a Vicon bale wrapper and I ordered a new bale monitor and the power plug that came with the monitor has a different style plug. The dirty picture shows the outlet in my tractor with the rectangle shaped prongs and the picture on the top with the round prongs is what the new monitor came with. I would prefer to find an adaptor so that I can use the bale rapper in different tractors . Has anybody had this situation? 

plug 2.png

plug1.jpg

You could go several different ways I think. Unfortunately I don’t think there is a direct adapter from the European 3 pole to the 3 spade amp plug. You can get both a female amp plug and a 3 pole socket and make your own or install the 3 pole socket or cut off that plug and install the 3 amp plug on the wire. Here are links to each. 

https://www.mouser.gcom/ProductDetail/Littelfuse/00681700-WBG?qs=%2BEew9%2B0nqrBQH2R6JblT4w%3D%3D

https://www.sloanex.com/3-spade-female-amp-plug-with-harness-ap459.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItsmvn6P54wIVEYvICh2-OQBTEAQYByABEgLAVPD_BwE

I would convert to the US style plug end on the wrapper

I would get a female end of each and make pigtails for each tractor insuring polarity for each

we have 3-6 for each as at crunch time you need all options

Thank you NY1468,bitty and mmi, 

I'm thinking maybe I should just remove the euro style plug and install a US style plug. Does anybody know what each prong connects to? I understand I have 12 volts DC. positive and negative just not sure about the third smaller prong. Eric

I would have to check I'm pretty sure one is ground , one is hot all the time ,the other one is keyed 12 volt

Thanks bitty,

Any information would be appreciated. Eric

Ok, I think I figured this plug out. bitty you are correct. I took the Euro plug apart and it is only using two pins One 12 volts positive and one to negative. I am going to find the US style female plug end and remove the Euro plug. Thanks everybody for your help. I owe you one. Eric

plug 3.png

plug 4.jpg