dads706

Gun Control......

3 hours ago, IHRunner said:

But i just buried a lover who was murdered in an arson attack where guns are illegal. And where government is supposed to protect the people. But they didnt. And a shitload of people died because someone wanted to do harm to people. Arson is illegal. Guess now they better outlaw matches and gas.

While I am glad that you were ABLE to do that, I am sorry that you had to do that.

You have my sincerest condolences!

2 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

While I am glad that you were ABLE to do that, I am sorry that you had to do that.

You have my sincerest condolences!

I need to rephrase this. This was an ex lover. One who moved back to Japan and we remained friends. 

16 minutes ago, IHRunner said:

I need to rephrase this. This was an ex lover. One who moved back to Japan and we remained friends. 

She must have been a special gal Runner.

You have my sympathies also.

You traveled many miles to pay your respects.

Many won`t travel across town...

5 hours ago, IHRunner said:

But i just buried a lover who was murdered in an arson attack where guns are illegal. And where government is supposed to protect the people. But they didnt. And a shitload of people died because someone wanted to do harm to people. Arson is illegal. Guess now they better outlaw matches and gas.

Rye, please accept my condolences for the lost of someone close to you.

Re: the way this topic has gone it begs to ask.....what is the incidence (rate per capita) of those killed in Japan from arson vs. those killed in the US from guns?

Yea both are horrific events but need to be viewed in statistical context.

10 hours ago, AKwelder said:

Historically no, they will come for little bits and pieces they will outlaw the assault rifle (their word not mine) then they will make ammunition so expensive you can afford it, and also work to make ammunition and primer have a short usable lifespan 

there is is a long road of BS before they come door to door, and by then the average population will think it’s for the greater good and cheer them on like the sheep they have become

I hope you are wrong but I believe that what’s you’ve forecast will be the closest to reality when time comes. 

4 minutes ago, zleinenbach said:

I hope you are wrong but I believe that what’s you’ve forecast will be the closest to reality when time comes. 

Scare tactics wins preserves votes.

BINGO!!!

I’m not a straight ticket kinda fella. If the upcoming elections can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they can/will do better than the people I voted for last time, I’ll vote for them. The two party politic system is more f’ed up than Chinese rap music, IMO. Too much money spent for (supposedly) $150,000/yr or $400,000/yr.

i mean really guys, they said this presidential election each side will have close to $400,000,000. For a $400,000 job

do you see they will spend $400 on $4? It’s all a crock of good ol bull....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, zleinenbach said:

I’m not a straight ticket kinda fella. If the upcoming elections can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they can/will do better than the people I voted for last time, I’ll vote for them. The two party politic system is more f’ed up than Chinese rap music, IMO. Too much money spent for (supposedly) $150,000/yr or $400,000/yr.

i mean really guys, they said this presidential election each side will have close to $400,000,000. For a $400,000 job

But they aren't spending their own money! Think of the money that goes for security and support. I also wonder how many are getting paid with our tax money while they are spreading their BS!

37 minutes ago, zleinenbach said:

I've been saying for a while that we have the finest government money can buy. Problem is most of us can't afford a voice in our government.

I'm a USA history buff. I'm sure there are others here as well. If you go back to the time the first white man set foot on this soil, there have been mass killings. Yes SOME were done with guns. But remember per capita there were more guns per household 150 years ago then there are today. Yes, times were different, a gun was used to gather food as well as protection. Check your history... people went nuts in mining camps, wagon trains, towns all over the country. Heck there were people in colonial times there were wackos as well. When Lizzy Borden whacked her parents did they ban hatchets. If she did it today, it wouldn't make the local news but one day.

If someone walked into a Walmart with a corn knife and just started swinging it would barely blip the news, but do it with a gun and mother bar the door. It's because we are dealing with a gun control agenda. The media wants to talk about guns and only guns. Guns are dramatic. Guns make loud noises. Hollywood likes guns. Rambo kills whole armies with an AK-47 that never needs reloading. 

Protect your home and family with a baseball bat. That will be a lot of help if the bad guy has a bat also. But I'm guessing he came better equipted. If i have to protect my family I'm sure as he** going to do it with more than a water balloon.

I know I haven't solved anything and probably never will. Maybe I've only got another 15-20 years of this. Then it will be my kids problem. What kind of a world am I leaving them. 

Wrong thread, but today I found out that not only am I a deplorable that lives in a fly over state the nobody gives a ship about.... but I'm a racist too. Lordy how much more of a low life can I be. 

57 minutes ago, zleinenbach said:

Y'all know my political bent and I acknowledge both Repubs and Democrats often fail us, the citizens

But re: money in politics look at the facts.  Broadly speaking the left calls for less money and more transparency in contributions to political candidates/elected officials.  A conservative majority in the SCOTUS ruled in Citizens United that "corporations, unions, and other entities were able to contribute to contribute in the same manner to campaigns as if they were common citizens of our Country.

BS.  They are NOT citizens of the USA.  They are business interests who have no business in influencing who is elected.  The less money can be kept out of our political system the better.  Citizens United was a huge step in the wrong direction.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Y'all know my political bent and I acknowledge both Repubs and Democrats often fail us, the citizens

But re: money in politics look at the facts.  Broadly speaking the left calls for less money and more transparency in contributions to political candidates/elected officials.  A conservative majority in the SCOTUS ruled in Citizens United that "corporations, unions, and other entities were able to contribute to contribute in the same manner to campaigns as if they were common citizens of our Country.

BS.  They are NOT citizens of the USA.  They are business interests who have no business in influencing who is elected.  The less money can be kept out of our political system the better.  Citizens United was a huge step in the wrong direction.

The corporation that I am one of the more than 6,000,000 people pooling our money together ( I wasn't able to give this year but have other times when I could) should be able to buy adds just like George Soros can. So in your eyes I shouldn't be allowed to buy big expensive adds with help of other like minded people but some billionaire can? 

• Like 3

Next thing we will have to carry AR15s to church, shopping malls, schools. This starting to sound ridiculous in regard of your right to have automatics.

32 minutes ago, dads706 said:

I'm a USA history buff. I'm sure there are others here as well. If you go back to the time the first white man set foot on this soil, there have been mass killings. Yes SOME were done with guns. But remember per capita there were more guns per household 150 years ago then there are today. Yes, times were different, a gun was used to gather food as well as protection. Check your history... people went nuts in mining camps, wagon trains, towns all over the country. Heck there were people in colonial times there were wackos as well. When Lizzy Borden whacked her parents did they ban hatchets. If she did it today, it wouldn't make the local news but one day.

If someone walked into a Walmart with a corn knife and just started swinging it would barely blip the news, but do it with a gun and mother bar the door. It's because we are dealing with a gun control agenda. The media wants to talk about guns and only guns. Guns are dramatic. Guns make loud noises. Hollywood likes guns. Rambo kills whole armies with an AK-47 that never needs reloading. 

Protect your home and family with a baseball bat. That will be a lot of help if the bad guy has a bat also. But I'm guessing he came better equipted. If i have to protect my family I'm sure as he** going to do it with more than a water balloon.

I know I haven't solved anything and probably never will. Maybe I've only got another 15-20 years of this. Then it will be my kids problem. What kind of a world am I leaving them. 

Wrong thread, but today I found out that not only am I a deplorable that lives in a fly over state the nobody gives a ship about.... but I'm a racist too. Lordy how much more of a low life can I be. 

I would have more fun beating the crap out of an intruder with a baseball bat as I say the difference about the law and justice is a baseball bat, especially trying to find the keys for the gunsafe.

1 hour ago, kal said:

But they aren't spending their own money! Think of the money that goes for security and support. I also wonder how many are getting paid with our tax money while they are spreading their BS!

That and i saw a thing stating 50% of them are millionaires before they are out..long line of folks with money and perks to try and get laws passed their way....and if there is not a lot of insider trading going on amongst them i would be surprised. They have their ways it would seem.

32 minutes ago, 5288IH said:

Next thing we will have to carry AR15s to church, shopping malls, schools. This starting to sound ridiculous in regard of your right to have automatics.

Automatics are a class III regulated item. We dont own automatics here. Would if we could. Probably kill some pop cans and mass murder some watermelons. 

• Like 4

American political system has two main problems, the quality and capacity of candidates, and the quality and capacity of voters.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bitty said:

The corporation that I am one of the more than 6,000,000 people pooling our money together ( I wasn't able to give this year but have other times when I could) should be able to buy adds just like George Soros can. So in your eyes I shouldn't be allowed to buy big expensive adds with help of other like minded people but some billionaire can? 

OH OH , Tilla isn't going to like that reply.  He will be searching the laws now to come up with another one. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

I've been saying for a while that we have the finest government money can buy. Problem is most of us can't afford a voice in our government.

https://www.lp.org/

8 hours ago, 5288IH said:

Just curious, do you take pride in assuming things about guns and would just rather not learn a single thing about them before repeating falsehoods? Do you have any idea what process one must go through to obtain an automatic firearm?

• Like 1

How is more gun legislation going to stop the killing? Isn't killing against the law? Or doesn't Gods law thou shalt not kill really mean that?

40 minutes ago, augercreek said:

How is more gun legislation going to stop the killing? Isn't killing against the law? Or doesn't Gods law thou shalt not kill really mean that?

Thats a lot of folks point, only the law abiding obey the law. Making another law wont affect those that dont live by the law and are bent on doing ill to another.

11 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Scare tactics wins preserves votes.

BINGO!!!

Scare tactics. More like campaign tactics. Didn't ole sleepy Joe say just last week if he were elected he was coming for your guns.