MTO

What does this ad say to you?

1 hour ago, MTO said:

you people are strange up there....:rolleyes:

Eh?

Meh

6 hours ago, oldtanker said:

For actual work? Yes because I can actually get implements to use with the Ford. I don't have to buy 3 or 4 pieces of busted up garbage to try to make 1 usable implement that I'd then be afraid to use for fear of breaking it. Kinda funny you guys seem to forget that I've said "in it's day the M was a better tractor than the N's". More than once. But today the N is more usable because you can even buy new implements for it. I've often said that!

Rick

You could dig into your pockets, pull out all the quarters and hang a NEW 3pt on the M?  Even without draft control it will be better than that top link sensing POS on the FERD.  Then you can buy all the new implements you want?  

10 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

You could dig into your pockets, pull out all the quarters and hang a NEW 3pt on the M?  Even without draft control it will be better than that top link sensing POS on the FERD.  Then you can buy all the new implements you want?  

You'll have better luck telling a rock to roll over than changing tankers mind...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, new guy said:

You'll have better luck telling a rock to roll over than changing tankers mind...

Most likely, the arguement just makes no sense..............those goofy dorfs aren't big enough to run much more than a back blade.  Heck, would one even run and lift a 254 NH tedder/rake on the 3pt in heavy hay??? 

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2019 at 11:02 AM, lorenzo said:

That they were too cheep to find a decent model .

Perfection 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Why on earth would I do that? Big clumsy thing like that? I'd be way better off buying a decent tractor, like a 460, Ford 3000 or something of that nature that has decent live hydraulics and power steering.

And does anyone still make an add on 3 point? I recall reading someplace that no one is making em anymore because no one was buying them. When they were buying them just a few years ago it was about 1,000 for the hitch. (OK I found one, not the one I'd consider based on reputation, company says when it's gone that's it. No more. 985 plus truck rate freight shipping. So most likely 1100 or so). Another 750 or so for a good used power steering unit and another 750 for a live hydraulic pump. The math ain't adding up here. Why do that when I already have the Ford? OH, one 8N departed here in May and the other one will be leaving this fall. Replaced by a Ford 860. Little more HP than the M, factory 3 point, live hydraulics and PTO. And for less total than a 3 point, PS and live hydraulics for the M. And IMO better looking than the M.  Plus a lot more agile comparing my M with IH WFE and the Ford that only came with WFE. Makes a difference when you are going into the woods to put in food plots.

Found another one, looks cheaply made, 825 plus truck freight.

Besides, I don't want folks feeling sorry for me. They see me out there on that M? They are going to think i'm dead broke and feel sorry for me. They know I'd have something better than an M if I could afford it.......wait I do have something way better than an M. I have a Ford 860 and a 1206! Naw, I ain't gonna punish myself by running that M. It's got a flat now. Hasn't moved in over a year. Looks like the one tire is rotting. Saw that when I mowing lawn the other day. So that would add another 1500 or so for new rears. Not sure it's worth putting tires on that M. Guess I'll toss some gas in it and see if it will start in the next day or 2. Can't believe that. Darn tires are worth more than the tractor.  Guess I'll have to start looking for decent used tires for it now. Don't like stuff sitting around on flats.

Rick

1 hour ago, TP from Central PA said:

Most likely, the arguement just makes no sense..............those goofy dorfs aren't big enough to run much more than a back blade.  Heck, would one even run and lift a 254 NH tedder/rake on the 3pt in heavy hay??? 

Naw if I was messing with hay still I'd use the 706 i have access too before I hooked that M to anything. Just a piece of yard art anymore. Very ugly yard art........Bout the only people around here making squares are the horse people. Even they are using stuff that's newer than 1955 for the most part. I've seen 1 guy out doing hay with a pre 1960 Farmall this year. He has a 450. Bales about 10 acres of grass. He gets it cut and about 1/2 baled and the tractor dies. Every cutting it seems. Shirt tail relative. I told him he needs to either fix the tractor right or get a decent tractor. But he cuts, rakes and bales, has the tractor repaired, rinse and repeat. All to feed a couple of horses.

If you know how to operate that 8N will do a surprising amount of work.....IF you know what you are doing. And when I was making hay I did rake with one of the 8N's. When I made small squares the N would run the baler but not with a wagon behind. Had to drop bale. Once I went to rounds the M never was really used again. Wouldn't handle the swing arm. Not enough HP for the baler. And the N handled the 5 bar rake just fine. Put vertical exhaust on it and good to go. The 1206 did the tillage and planting. Ran the 4401 combine too. When we still had beef the M ran the manure spreader.

Rick

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Then how come at the local plowday I can plough through the low spots with the 2x14 ford plow on my te20 ferguson where the guys with the john deere b jd2x14pull or the guy on the h with jd2x14pull or even the guy on the sm with ih2x14 cant go and spin out in the clay? When the top link is set right, there next to unstoppable. Also in the snow. There near perfectly balanced if the tires are loaded no chains the thing will go near anywhere. Over front axle deem snow!!! Theres been 1 time that my fergys been stuck. Once I highcentered  on a pile of horse crap when I was building a garden when I was 12. It just goes anywhere. They used a group of fergys like mine in the 50s to cross Antarctica. First vehicle to drive to the antartic pole I believe. If you get to know there limits the little tractors are quite supprising. As far as the fords go I never liked there pedal configuration and the flathead fours just dont have the snap it seems. If I had to tame the wilderness give me a fergy and if I had to cultivate,plant,and pick more than 25 acers of corn I would take a h-450 with a mounted cultivator anyday. Theres something to be said about the Harry Fuguson system. See any fast hitches or snap couplers on any tractors today? Kinda neat being able to to go out and buy implements in 2019 anywhere in the world that would hitch right up to the ferguson brown tractor from the 1930s. Long ways from a mattress ad 😬

• Haha 1

Also on the ford,ferg,farmall thing. Ferguson had a 129cu in over head valve in 46. Took ford till the 52 nna to go with the overhead valve. In the end ferguson won the lawsuit over the 3 point and there ARE differences in the draft control. The ford ferg thing is like lion tiger thing, both cats and very similar but two separate animals. 

Oh boy! 80% off in this ad!

Used maybe?

67271295_10215222863861187_5123833049972211712_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQk2TJNgtyIGWe0JuPqTWcV9sgceCvzz4hdTMRkDyrZ8D1Qy6YXZulmMyUlomYLYDHQ&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=3e1f65612f73a273c73b790126aad64a&oe=5DCD4014

2 hours ago, MTO said:

Used maybe?

67271295_10215222863861187_5123833049972211712_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQk2TJNgtyIGWe0JuPqTWcV9sgceCvzz4hdTMRkDyrZ8D1Qy6YXZulmMyUlomYLYDHQ&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=3e1f65612f73a273c73b790126aad64a&oe=5DCD4014

The woman or the bed? Cause the women usually end up with 100% of everything......

3 hours ago, jass1660 said:

The woman or the bed? Cause the women usually end up with 100% of everything......

She can keep 100% on IMO.

Rick

• Haha 2

What did the original ad say to me?  That the days of big hair are over and maybe it wasn't so bad after all

What is she 100% at?

On 8/13/2019 at 8:49 AM, MTO said:

Used maybe?

Bet she can cook though...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, new guy said:

At the very least pick out great restaurants!

• Haha 3

All the gals musta been out when the photographer came...

68471377_920909004933771_7256268047395061760_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQk22pX4GsbSl2IHv1ZlZjygLF3u6nWPhrWnJ01wi9-hblHLug9-m_Tm1hdUaAWvLzE&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=379b86b270b03ee80b113318fe695c1e&oe=5E107FC6

On 8/14/2019 at 9:15 AM, new guy said:

Don't know about the cooking but I bet she ain't no slouch at the dinner table.....🤡

Rick