New Holland skidloader

I am looking at a New Holland LS 150 skid loader to replace a 440B bobcat, I realize it is much bigger and will do more work faster and I like the idea of parallel lift. I'm looking for opinions and experience with this series of loaders as I have never really been around the New Holland skid steers.

We had 3 separate l225 loaders here last year and the all 3 failed to complete hay season. We leased 1 for the hay season and we busted wone each cutting!!!  The first sprung a internal hydraulic leak at 6xx hours and had to go back. The second one had 13xx hours and had electrical issues and had to be sent back. The 3erd had 7xx hours and the lift arms swayed back and fourth so bad and lifted crooked intell the final straw was going to pick up a bale and the quick attach plate assembly pins had fallen out. So I am very unhappy with the quality of workmanship in them. Also know personally of 1 newer new holland that shot a rod through the block at 12xx hours and NH said they were having isues with the aluminum? I think it was they were making the blocks with at the time. My thoughts are stay with a bobcat,gehl,deere,or even cat.  The old NHs were great but I think about 04-06 they started getting cheap. Just my $0.02 

The LX and LS series are tough skid steers. Two problems of them are the electric dash which control just about everything and steer motors will go bad. Mine is pushing 10000 hours. Has weak steering motors and a friend has one with 6500 hours on it. Both still getting the job done.

I also like the LX- and LS-series machines.  Good loaders. 

Never drove a current platform TR- or TV-series Case or L200-series New Holland that I liked.  There is a new platform coming which should be a big improvement.  I think it will be a New Holland L300-series.

I bought a LS 140 new in 2000, is turning 10,000 hrs. When I was still milking thing was used everyday for everything you could think of. Replaced a water pump an alternator at around 8,000 hrs. Keep it greased an grease wheel hubs like recommended. Don’t have a single complaint about it. Still running strong, use everyday just not as many hours with the dairy cows

My dad’s had a LX885 for awhile now. Decent visibility all around, like that you can lock the booms up from inside the cab. Others have mentioned that I noticed also is the electronic dash can crap out and the gear pumps are noisy. Doesn’t bother me since I wear ear protection anyways. Good power and general maintenance is easy with the booms up. Only major gripe is if the boom is down and the battery is dead you basically gotta crawl over top and down to charge it. Probably could put in remote posts though. Great machine, I really enjoy using it. 

8 hours ago, PrairieIH said:

Only major gripe is if the boom is down and the battery is dead you basically gotta crawl over top and down to charge it. Probably could put in remote posts though. Great machine, I really enjoy using it. 

True.  Same thing for servicing the fuel filters.  However, I remember when the LX-series came out that New Holland raved about how easy it was to get to the battery due to the removable side shields, tilting top screen, and swinging rear tailgate.  All of that is relative compared to the previous series like the L455, L555, and L785 which was utterly horrible.

15 hours ago, PrairieIH said:

Only major gripe is if the boom is down and the battery is dead you basically gotta crawl over top and down to charge it. 

I have an LX665. When I park the thing I take the bucket off and raise the loader arms until I can swing the safety latches out. I have more battery problems than most because of intermittent use and a slow drain somewhere I can't find. The right hand side shield on the engine area is also permanent removed for jump starting purposes.

Jesse 

1 hour ago, Jesse in WI said:

I have an LX665. When I park the thing I take the bucket off and raise the loader arms until I can swing the safety latches out. I have more battery problems than most because of intermittent use and a slow drain somewhere I can't find. The right hand side shield on the engine area is also permanent removed for jump starting purposes.

Jesse 

You need to run a remote jump stud and maybe a quick disconnect in an excess able location.