Wagner, sd ih auction

Went to an auction, gentleman was the ih dealer till 85, then just hobbied on old stuff until his death. Sounded like kids were squabbling a bit. Got a couple goodies, an m&w turbo/manifold for a 560, a couple pallets of misc parts and this td9 with a drott loader and 4 in 1 bucket. Supposed to have new sleeves/pistons, overhauled in the late 90s and ran at that time. Sat in his unheated shed until 2 months ago and is now seized up.

Screenshot_20190804-115955_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20190804-115955_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20190804-115934_Messages.jpg

Thats an IH turbo manifold with an M&W from an 806/56.

5 hours ago, Brian stortenbecker said:

Thats an IH turbo manifold with an M&W from an 806/56.

I'm not sure it's a mate, either. The manifold has an ih number stamped in it. I have 2 other manifolds like it, but they have a bigger turbo. I thought I had read that the m&w turbo set up used original hole in the hood? Mine have a 4"+ hole cut further toward radiator. I'd be interested in any info you guys k ol about the turbo set ups. Also, my son and I did get the td9 running this afternoon, but steering clutches are stuck, so we are working on that now. Anyone have a few pages out if the manual to guide us thru that?

Yes, as you mentioned the M&W setup used the original hole. The IH dealer installed setup was moved forward. The T-606 turbo is what is originally on the IH manifold. The IH setup is sought after.

Archived