Sign in to follow this  
sandhiller

I prefer girls

MTO's great thread "Today's Class" got me thinking about having young people around me at work and although I admire his patience imparting his wisdom to his young male apprentice I have decided:

I PREFER GIRLS:

In the branding corral. They will use finesse and technique to make up for lesser strength when flipping calves which is much easier on the calves. They don't clear five foot of air to flop them poor babies on their sides to impress the girls who are also on the wrestling crew. 

In the hay field. They will do what they are told. They will shut down and come get me when they hear a new noise that doesn't sound right instead of grabbing more throttle and running it till it breaks. They don't complain about the heat when on the rake or mower tractors, they take full advantage of the sun's abilities to give out suntans.😉

And the biggest reason, they don't think about chasing girls 24/7. 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️😏😄

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

Ahh  Sandhiller.....such wisdom  <_<:)

'You are absolutely correct........and from a "Dirt Crew's "     aspect........they are far better in off road dump trucks....and loaders........simply because , as you say , they don't show off ...thus they are easier on the gear......and........the fuel consumption....without impacting on productivity......

Mike

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sandhiller said:

And the biggest reason, they don't think about chasing girls 24/7🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️😏😄

How do you know they aren’t thinking about chasing, 🤔  male chicken 24/7???🤔🤔🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Farmall1066 said:

How do you know they aren’t thinking about chasing, 🤔  male chicken 24/7???🤔🤔🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

Because good hard working girls spend most of their time being mad at some dumb sh!tkicker.

Former Dumb Sh!tkicker.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

In a fire situation I have been to training with people who feel women have no place in the fire service. It is true that women tend to have less physical strength, but if been privileged enough to work with several women who have chosen to ignore these dingleberries and be a part of a couple local departments. I would put my life in their hands in a second before most of the men who feel they have something to prove. The ladies seem to think with their grey matter rather than their Rocky Mountain Oysters, they are alert and attentive and show their value through actions rather than bragging.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, exSW said:

Because good hard working girls spend most of their time being mad at some dumb sh!tkicker.

Former Dumb Sh!tkicker.

So just when did you stop being a Sh!tkicker????🤣

Rick

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yup, been my experience quite often as well. The older I get the more I realize that physical excursion is rarly the best way. A little thinking can go a long way to save a little time... 

But yes girls are much better learners, and shoot they work harder than some young males......

• Like 3

It's simple. Girls don't think everything is a pi$$Ing match. They don't let their ego get in the way.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

I don't.

Tried crawling into a female mind once to fix some things "I" thought were broke. Got beat up severely and thrown out on my rear. Quick learner, don't go back in there on any woman. Much happier now.

• Thanks 1

Just now, sandhiller said:

I don't.

Tried crawling into a female mind once to fix some things "I" thought were broke. Got beat up severely and thrown out on my rear. Quick learner, don't go back in there on any woman. Much happier now.

There are 2 theories about how to argue with a woman..........neither work so why bother?

Rick  

• Haha 1

Then here is flip side. Get 3 or more women together and it is nothing but a cat fight. Ask any man who works in with ladies 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

There are 2 theories about how to argue with a woman..........neither work so why bother?

Rick  

Old timers tell me the best way to fight a woman is with your hat. 

Throw it at em and run😆

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Old timers tell me the best way to fight a woman is with your hat. 

Throw it at em and run😆

Walk out on 'em and slam the door. Won't do you any good(except for the sigh of relief) but it'll put a stutter in her step for the next guy.

• Haha 1

As long as they stay put of the infantry, I've not had luck working with women, I work in road construction and they always need a diversity hire for state jobs or we cant get it, and the women are always lazy, never want to get out of there equipment and grab a shovel, always talk behind backs, if I work the rest of my life without a women there that's ok by me, my wife cooks good food but alot of the time I get stuff done quicker myself than with her help, teenage girls maybe different but I think there is nothing wrong with old fashioned gender roles 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

And there is no women out there that could drag my 320lb carcus out of a burning building, especially wearing gear

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

I don't.

Never try to understand a women, ever.  Women understand women and they al! Hate each other.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Rusty shackleford said:

As long as they stay put of the infantry, I've not had luck working with women, I work in road construction and they always need a diversity hire for state jobs or we cant get it, and the women are always lazy, never want to get out of there equipment and grab a shovel, always talk behind backs, if I work the rest of my life without a women there that's ok by me, my wife cooks good food but alot of the time I get stuff done quicker myself than with her help, teenage girls maybe different but I think there is nothing wrong with old fashioned gender roles 

2 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

In a fire situation I have been to training with people who feel women have no place in the fire service. It is true that women tend to have less physical strength, but if been privileged enough to work with several women who have chosen to ignore these dingleberries and be a part of a couple local departments. I would put my life in their hands in a second before most of the men who feel they have something to prove. The ladies seem to think with their grey matter rather than their Rocky Mountain Oysters, they are alert and attentive and show their value through actions rather than bragging.  

Seen it go both ways, we have some that are great workers, mainly the single moms. They seem to have their feces corollated cause they want to provide for the little one.  Then you have those who won’t work.  

44 minutes ago, dale560 said:

Then here is flip side. Get 3 or more women together and it is nothing but a cat fight. Ask any man who works in with ladies 

And how,  it’s like a TV show survivor,  they are making alliances and arguing and plotting, then one of them dates a guy and it goes to **** on the job site, miserable  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rusty shackleford said:

And there is no women out there that could drag my 320lb carcus out of a burning building, especially wearing gear

I know of at least 2 off the top of my head who are atleast twice as stong as me. And could kick me rear doing just about anything anyday. You would be surprised

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Rusty shackleford said:

Nurturing instinct and adrenaline will fool you. You may not be her baby but you're someone's baby.

• Like 1

Sandhiller, I agree. I've been on some of those brandings. Girls are pretty good at using the knife too.

Granddaughter sends us a letter each week from basic. The men and women train together and she made the same comment... the guys seem to be more interested in impressing the women than doing what they are there for. She also said that she was surprised at how many guys were scared to rappel or climb the cargo nets. She said one guy started bawling and freaking out  BEFORE they went into the gas chamber.  She said she is usually the first one in line for most of this stuff and can out shoot most of the guys.    That's my granddaughter....!!  And sh'e good looking too. 

She's going to be a doctor

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, dads706 said:

Sandhiller, I agree. I've been on some of those brandings. Girls are pretty good at using the knife too.

Granddaughter sends us a letter each week from basic. The men and women train together and she made the same comment... the guys seem to be more interested in impressing the women than doing what they are there for. She also said that she was surprised at how many guys were scared to rappel or climb the cargo nets. She said one guy started bawling and freaking out  BEFORE they went into the gas chamber.  She said she is usually the first one in line for most of this stuff and can out shoot most of the guys.    That's my granddaughter....!!  And sh'e good looking too. 

She's going to be a doctor

ROTC in college. One of the first things they did to try to recruit us was rappelling. Captain Morris said "It's okay to be scared". I sort of blew it off as I'd done quite a bit of high work in my Dad's construction company. After I got on the rope standing on the side of that building forty feet up I looked that Green Beret dead in the eyes and said "Okay,now I'm scared". I thought he was going to fall off the building he laughed so hard.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rusty shackleford said:

That's really sad to hear, same planet different worlds I guess. Out here women work side by side with the men, fix the meals and then get dolled up to go to town at nite. Not saying it's that way everywhere, but it is here and I am sure many other places too.

2 hours ago, Rusty shackleford said:

Don't have much for structure fires out this way 90% grass fires. Do not let women on the trucks unless SHTF emergency. BUT, when we see headlights coming over a hill 10 miles from the middle of nowhere at 2:00 in the morning, it will be the women with sandwiches, water and gatorade (they don't sleep when we're out) and let me tell you, they are the most important part of our little fire dept. 

• Like 4

Sandhiller......i'm coming to NE to live. Ain't seen any women like that. Well maybe the snaggle toothed kind.

• Haha 1

When it comes to pulling calves, I'm stronger, but my wife is much better at telling me how to twist and turn the calf. After having 2 kids that each weigned

9 1/2lbs she understands what is happening.

• Like 1

My second child is a woman!  When she was growing up she was into competitive figure skating.  I am still amazed at how those sweet little girls treated each other when there was no parental supervision!  Much more mean and nasty than I ever saw in her older brother.  Today she makes a good living as a figure skating coach, I do not  have to remind her about the teenage girl issues.  My granddaughter, her daughter is a very involved in competitive gymnastics, is she always nice?  I wouldn't bet on it!  But she can do a double back flip, land on her feet, with a camera ready smile every time.