farm yard wildlife

kansas farmer

Keep the pictures coming

A pair of shooters (in this area) that are hanging out together

IMG_20190724_214621501_HDR.jpg

Screenshot_2019-08-01-22-01-17.png

?

Dad of the New family who moved in around the corner text me quick.  Said thanks for dragging the DOA calf out by the creek behind their place (always do).  Him and the 3 little girls were enjoying watching the 3 to 5 Bald eagles clean it up.  The turkey buzzards had ate the dead one the week before that was a bit....well it was real warm few days before got it to the woods.  He said he didnt realize how ugly them buzzards were or how un glorious the eagles were as scavengers.  Said thats why they got out of town. 

Ihfarmer it looks like a bobcat. They are plentiful here along with the 6 mountain lion sightings here in the last 25 years we have plenty of feline predators

9 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

?

Dad of the New family who moved in around the corner text me quick.  Said thanks for dragging the DOA calf out by the creek behind their place (always do).  Him and the 3 little girls were enjoying watching the 3 to 5 Bald eagles clean it up.  The turkey buzzards had ate the dead one the week before that was a bit....well it was real warm few days before got it to the woods.  He said he didnt realize how ugly them buzzards were or how un glorious the eagles were as scavengers.  Said thats why they got out of town. 

Sounds like they might be decent neighbors...

6 hours ago, mader656 said:

Sounds like they might be decent neighbors...

I was thinkin' the same thing Mader, seems like a lot of the people that move out from the city are not prepared or do not want to see "everything" the country has to offer. But therein is where the true beauty lies. And bless those who can appreciate it. 

Kansas Farmer and Bitty, great photos. Mine isn't too uncommon but while I was sitting here eating dinner and reading this thread, this doe came by showing her fawn where the apple tree is. ☺️

1401019646_doeandfawn.jpg.23bb5b16a06c5475e745c0bc55e374a7.jpg

The kids love catching toads 

IMG_20190701_104713857_HDR.jpg

IMG_0306.thumb.JPG.602ee7d11c2a4d7b53f9df2337300b72.JPG

On 8/3/2019 at 8:49 AM, bitty said:

Ihfarmer it looks like a bobcat. They are plentiful here along with the 6 mountain lion sightings here in the last 25 years we have plenty of feline predators

I got a picture and video of a "mountain lion" or puma or yellow cat this winter.  Unfortunately it doesn't show up on the pictures or video from my phone.  I'd have the pictures or videos enhanced if I thought it would help.

I took a stroll down by the spring during morrel mushroom time and snapped a pic of a pile I didn't recognize and when I googled "puma poo" the picture looks exactly the same.  I also heard noises from that area one evening I had never heard before, sounded like a feline finishing a hunt on something......it was erie......

1 hour ago, nomorejohndeere said:

IMG_0306.thumb.JPG.602ee7d11c2a4d7b53f9df2337300b72.JPG

I got a picture and video of a "mountain lion" or puma or yellow cat this winter.  Unfortunately it doesn't show up on the pictures or video from my phone.  I'd have the pictures or videos enhanced if I thought it would help.

I took a stroll down by the spring during morrel mushroom time and snapped a pic of a pile I didn't recognize and when I googled "puma poo" the picture looks exactly the same.  I also heard noises from that area one evening I had never heard before, sounded like a feline finishing a hunt on something......it was erie......

I don't particularly like what's pictured here 

3 minutes ago, Doug in NY said:

the gate or the no trespassing sign?

SNAKE ......

Other two items are perfectly fine

On 8/3/2019 at 9:45 PM, Rusty shackleford said:

Screenshot_20190803-204409_Google.thumb.jpg.7f8dffb37b9fa0060a76b06d0e29ba1d.jpg

Does he drive the 560

42 minutes ago, kansas farmer said:

Some more pic's of farm yard wildlife

DSC02614 (2).JPG

DSC02628 (2).JPG

DSC02726 (3).JPG

turks on the corral gate.JPG

Are they wild turkeys on the gate? 

10 hours ago, Rusty shackleford said:

Now that I think ng of it there is a resemblance, big bearded ogre 

I wondered how you got those weights on and off . Got a big foot in the pit crew 

Archived