Loggy

how much freon to refill system on 1086

I am opening the ac system to put in a new valve on the compressor. How many pounds of r134 is needed to refill? What will the gauge pressures be when they are correct? TIA

i think its a lil over 3 lbs - 3.2 or 3.4 something like that

1 hour ago, Loggy said:

I am opening the ac system to put in a new valve on the compressor. How many pounds of r134 is needed to refill? What will the gauge pressures be when they are correct? TIA

it should have a sight glass on the receiver drier as well I like to charge A/C's on a warm day also  granted that may not often be possible

80 - 85% of the R12 charge . The factory R12 charge was 4 1/2 lbs so 3.6 to 3.8 lbs of 134A . I charge them to 3.8 lbs when do an AC .

3.25 lbs of R134a if you have the York compressor.

2.75 - 3.15 lbs if you have the Sanden compressor.

Travis

20 hours ago, ksfarmdude said:

it should have a sight glass on the receiver drier as well I like to charge A/C's on a warm day also  granted that may not often be possible

Don't use a sightglass with R134a, high probability that you'll end up overcharged.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FARMALL FIXER said:

80 - 85% of the R12 charge . The factory R12 charge was 4 1/2 lbs so 3.6 to 3.8 lbs of 134A . I charge them to 3.8 lbs when do an AC .

Yep, that's about where they usually end up around here.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Don't use a sightglass with R134a, high probability that you'll end up overcharged.

that's why I charge the systems at 80 degree or higher ambient temps never failed me yet even deere's use sight glass reciever driers to check charge 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ksfarmdude said:

that's why I charge the systems at 80 degree or higher ambient temps never failed me yet even deere's use sight glass reciever driers to check charge 

Not always 80 here. The sight glasses in most driers are there only because they drier can be used with R-12 or R134a.
5X88s and Magnums didn't have sight glasses.

• Like 1

I will admit to using the sight glass when they have one, but that is usually when adding and not a complete refill.  Then  I go by weight.  

If anyone ever needs to know this on about any farm equipment construction equipment road tractor etc AP air has it listed on their website

• Like 3

I go by my guages  and temperature. Thx-Ace