4494 remote problem

Have a case 4494, use it to run a hesston 3x4 4790 baler. The issue I have is that I "loose" pressure on the remote to keep baler pressure. The reason I know the baler console tells gives me an error of "c inc", which means the baler can not increase pressure. So I put a pressure gage on the remote and only have about 1100psi on the remotes. I am not sure how, but at times the baler will keep pressure fine, than it will just drop off, and I get spongy bales. Steering works fine, transmission shifts fine.

Was not sure if it was a tractor issue or baler issue, changed tractors and put the 4490 on baler and everything is fine. The 4490 has a remote pressure of 2100 psi.

Need to get the 4494 back on baler, any ideas of what could be going on? A valve sticking, spring broke?

Thanks for the help.

David

5 hours ago, grassseed farmer said:

Have a case 4494, use it to run a hesston 3x4 4790 baler. The issue I have is that I "loose" pressure on the remote to keep baler pressure. The reason I know the baler console tells gives me an error of "c inc", which means the baler can not increase pressure. So I put a pressure gage on the remote and only have about 1100psi on the remotes. I am not sure how, but at times the baler will keep pressure fine, than it will just drop off, and I get spongy bales. Steering works fine, transmission shifts fine.

Was not sure if it was a tractor issue or baler issue, changed tractors and put the 4490 on baler and everything is fine. The 4490 has a remote pressure of 2100 psi.

Need to get the 4494 back on baler, any ideas of what could be going on? A valve sticking, spring broke?

Thanks for the help.

David

Never worked on case but neighbor had one like yours on a sprayer. Had about same problem and compensator valve on pump was broken so it would not build pressure. 

Try pulling 2 remotes at the same time.  And watch the psi.  If it is higher, then the oribkem is in the signal shuttle spools.

No. The compensator is part of the hydraulic pump. 

There are 2 shuttle spools in each of your remote valves-a primary spool and a secondary spool. They isolate the signal pressure so that the highest signal pressure is sent to the compensator/pump. The o-rings in question are items 26-28 and #34-36.  Either could be damaged. 

When you replace them, use the correct o-ring or else they will fail shortly after. The correct o-rings are harder material than regular o-rings, and rather expensive for o-rings  as well. 

5A4FF138-14F4-41CA-8B6B-ECE70370A4AF.png

SDman gave good info. My guess at where the problem is, would be 34-36.  I think if you look at the CE side of the business you can get a Teflon ring for the shuttle spools.