560 first pull

Rusty shackleford

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pulled again aat brown county fair 6500 and 8500 hobbystock, big time competition there, didnt thing I would do good, first pull I was in 3rd and used ta, should have gone 2nd, got last , then in 8500 I pulled 2nd used ta and got 2nd place against some tuff tractorsScreenshot_20190809-225839_Snapchat.thumb.jpg.6a2565e30124f4f8892fdcc798815a5d.jpg

15 minutes ago, 1086plowboy said:

Your cheering support in the stands is outstanding.

X2

Just pulled last night in 8500 and 9500 hobbystock,  in the 8500 I was on my way to won first for sure and it started to choke on me, I had it running a while before that pull so I'm guessing i need to put some bigger fuel line on it and eliminate the glass bowl, the next pull I thought I was done for , I was pulling against a 1066, ac 190, jd 4020 and then a bunch more that are closer to the size of my 560, well I beat the 4020 and got 3rd, I couldn't believe it, I know I didnt get first but heating a 4020 with a 560 will give me somthing to give my jd friends a hard time about for years to come

On 7/27/2019 at 8:58 PM, exSW said:

I used to run 93 in my old pulling truck(pre ethanol days). It would ping like crazy otherwise. Had a guy notice but he thought I was running race gas. Them fellers are going to be mad. Your not supposed to beat Cases and 80 JD's with a 560. They won't let 560's in antique classes here. Straight to Farm Stock with the big boys.

That’s BS

31 minutes ago, Butch-Ky said:

Man change that Muffler to a Pipe

Its straight through, so it flows like a straight pipe but isn't loud, I dont like things to loud, jacked up ears from the war

3 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

They run a speed limit or are you limited to certain gears?

It was 8mph limit but most guys could only do 1st gear, I was in first with ta back, lots of traction

• 2 weeks later...

I love my 560 .  It's a lot of fun, the different tracks sure make a difference.  I have  a 460 in the shed that will be my next project with a 301.  Are you running 16.9's on there?

560 Pull.jpg

4 hours ago, Sneakymedic said:

I love my 560 .  It's a lot of fun, the different tracks sure make a difference.  I have  a 460 in the shed that will be my next project with a 301.  Are you running 16.9's on there?

560 Pull.jpg

Hey!  Where is the smoke????? Looks like its a Diesel???  Way those tires are bitting it should be working!  

6 hours ago, Sneakymedic said:

560 Pull.jpg

Yes 16.9s, got a pull this weekend, probably last for the year

2 hours ago, Sneakymedic said:

I had some stuff worked on this summer and need to bolt it on. I think it will be smoking a bit more after that. :)

Mine doesn't leave much of a haze either, but I back the fuel off after I lost the head gasket going overboard...............Couldn't touch the guys in the front anyhow with it, so why break things.  Usually don't have a chance to run it anyhow.

On 8/10/2019 at 12:28 AM, Rusty shackleford said:

Pulled again aat brown county fair 6500 and 8500 hobbystock, big time competition there, didnt thing I would do good, first pull I was in 3rd and used ta, should have gone 2nd, got last , then in 8500 I pulled 2nd used ta and got 2nd place against some tuff tractorsScreenshot_20190809-225839_Snapchat.thumb.jpg.6a2565e30124f4f8892fdcc798815a5d.jpg

What’s the bread box for ? 

Just now, 560Dennis said:

What’s the bread box for ? 

That's a 1967 ih fender radio that is gutted out and used for a glove compartment, nice place to throw my phone, sunflower seeds and a bottle of water

Archived