560 first pull

Rusty shackleford

Finally got the 560 ready and tomorrow I will be pulling for the first time with it in Lafayette mn, can only do 3 hook ups so I'm pulling 7500 farmstock, 7500 hobby and 9000 hobby , hope she does well, 20190726_191127.thumb.jpg.6344fdea8ae999234e5ce9d38efedd8c.jpg20190726_190918.thumb.jpg.3492782dd6d61044fa35a89efdc60393.jpg20190721_185756.thumb.jpg.9937cc1096f3d74148f60e3d86600ba1.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, from H to 80 said:

I used to pull a 560 gasser some ,is there a airport nearby, a couple gallons of aviation fuel will really perk her up.

Haha there is a country airport right down the road a mile and a half how did ya guess

First pull 6500lb the it killed at 90 feet, which sux, I new I coulda got first but my rubber gas line got pinched, then I pulled 7500 and got 1st place then 9000 and completely smoked everyone, 10 foot farther than a case and over 25 feet farther than the John deere 820 80 r and some others, good day20190727_152512.thumb.jpg.3956a66b73541d5c9990823d1bccb49b.jpg20190727_144304.thumb.jpg.8232874252fb9dbf0b8876eb9d602814.jpg

1 hour ago, Rusty shackleford said:

I run 93 octane non oxygenated gas 

I used to run 93 in my old pulling truck(pre ethanol days). It would ping like crazy otherwise. Had a guy notice but he thought I was running race gas. Them fellers are going to be mad. Your not supposed to beat Cases and 80 JD's with a 560. They won't let 560's in antique classes here. Straight to Farm Stock with the big boys.

8 minutes ago, farmall666 said:

LIKE A OLD TIME PULLER TOLD ME..SON YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE POWER IN THE WORLD BUT  YOU HAVE TO  PUT IT TO THE GROUND..

I did both today, 

Now that is how it is done.

Are the weights the same on my Farmall C ? ?‍♂️I don’t know ,

1 hour ago, 560Dennis said:

Are the weights the same on my Farmall C ? ?‍♂️I don’t know ,

Yes  but you better increase the air pressure if you plan to put that many on the C 

5 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

All those guys that didn't beat you are going to create rules to eliminate you and your 560.

They should do something, never seen a pull where someone was 10ft ahead of someone and 20ft on the rest in the same class.  

5 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

They should do something, never seen a pull where someone was 10ft ahead of someone and 20ft on the rest in the same class.  

I spose they could outlaw ih tractors and give all the other guys  a chance , I listened to alot of guys that pulled for years and took all there advice, the guys with new tires dug down to deep, the guys with to.much weight up front spun out, if someone has a legal tractor that is set up right to pull then that's the guy who will win

6 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Or I ges you could have no winners and give everyone a participation trophy then no ones feelings get hurt

7 minutes ago, Rusty shackleford said:

Or I ges you could have no winners and give everyone a participation trophy then no ones feelings get hurt

?? Win or lose, just give it your best. Life is full of loss unfortunately. (I know you were kidding there).  My question is...was the radio on or is that a monitor on there?  

Good job Rusty.    Just remember the target is on your back now.   There are lots of people that have no idea how to set up a tractor.   They just think you need horsepower to win.    

28 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

?? Win or lose, just give it your best. Life is full of loss unfortunately. (I know you were kidding there).  My question is...was the radio on or is that a monitor on there?  

The radio was junk and I restored it to be a compartment, it is empty with a door in the front,i had my phone, a bottle of water and some other odds and ends in it ,it is very handy and looks good, 

Archived