806 shift question

bradm

I have an 806D that when letting out on clutch always starts out in the low torque side, then after a few seconds or a few feet shifts into the high side like you actually shifted the torque handle. doesn't matter what gear you are in. 

Any advice is helpful. 

Thanks

put a gauge on the left side and see if the hand pump inside is weak. That fixed mine

More than likely is the dump valve needs adjusted. Back the bolt off a turn or two. If your tell-lite still works, it should go out just before clutch engages. 

1 hour ago, bradm said:

Dump valve was adjusted, light does go out just as the clutches released and tractor starts rolling

Should go out just before tractor begins to move!!!

18 hours ago, mrfred54 said:

Should go out just before tractor begins to move!!!

Exactly, you want to fill that direct drive clutch with oil before the main clutch moves the tractor. If if is too close to being  done at the same time and your direct drive clutch discs are worn, it takes more oil to fill and   you get a double shift.  You have to play with that dump valve so it fills direct drive before clutch engages but still dumps it soon enough to allow roll back of gears for good shifting out of gear.  

If your tractor will continue to drive and red lights does not come       on  at a low engine speed with the steering wheel turned and held to lock, your mcv pump and valves are good enough .  If tractor     down shifts or stops dead in it's tracks when you steering and hold to lock, well, getting time for repairs.  I saw a 706 keep right on working as chore tractor for years that would stop dead at low speed and steering to stop but at higher engine speeds it worked good enough. Low side of TA was shot of course or it would have just down    shifted to low. 

Archived