TD6 Dozer Rebuild

Pbach

I also noticed your lines you made were a bit crushed. If you need to make tight bends like that in short line with either copper or steel I have found with the smaller size tubing to make them perfect even with a cheap harbor freight bender, cut the tube a little long, pinch and braze one end shut. Then fill it with water and put it in the freezer overnight. After you have them made up perfect just a quick heat with small torch until  you get a little puff of steam out the top. I have made some really nice tight bends this way. Made a replacement power steering cooler for my dads Mazda truck once that was NLA. The dealer said bypass it does not do anything anyway, But he liked things to be fixed right so I bent it out of water frozen metric steel tubing with double flares and silver soldered the mounting tabs back on, painted it black again. Out lasted the truck body. Also helps to draw the shape you want out on paper so you can work quickly before they thaw.

• Thanks 2

Pure gold there, our old millwright welder used to use sand and water, was hard to pack it in tight, ice would work better on smaller line sizes

• Thanks 1