Pbach

TD6 Dozer Rebuild

Pete,

I would assume your neighbors dont give you much grief. Anyone with two dozers is a neighbor not to make mad!:)

Regards,

Chris

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 11:05 PM, Pbach said:

I made some good progress the last week. Brakes are back on and the clutch compartment is closed up (hopefully for good). I started it up and went for a quick test drive on gas. It turns great! Now onto the easy stuff haha. I appreciate everyone’s interest in my little project I got goin on.

Pete

9024B612-739F-4C78-81B5-2F108A2246F0.jpeg

4DDA64DD-CCA6-4A04-8828-E4C11CD8F76D.jpeg

49BD3F0B-4691-4AF1-87C4-A48BA487F3D0.jpeg

Awesome job on the brakes. I need to learn how you replaced the brake lining. I need to doe that too on my T6.

Check out these two links, I did my brakes the same way. 

http://www.jdcrawlers.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=5177&start=15

https://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/topic/69684-td6-brake-band-change-im-stuck/

The brake lining, rivets, and tools I bought from mcmaster. Will need 3/8" End Mill for counter sunk holes, 3/16" tool for hollow rivets, 3/8" drift punch.

I used 3M 90 adhesive spray and then riveted the bands and clamped over night. Let me know if you need anything else.

Peter

image.png.6f727e3d6e8e8d4c835737bb648e9f6e.png

image.png.d098a49a8a5beb6c7b04f25b243e508d.pngimage.png.f8623aa20b1151ee98813a5efff3e7d9.png

I was able to get my positive ground alternator working today by replacing the three wire regulator with a one wire setup. Then I flashed the alternator by briefly touching the alternator case (positive ground) to the terminal 1. I have a small enough pulley that I was getting 40-60 amps of charging. I dont believe it’s possible to have a three wire setup with a positive ground alternator because the dummy light will not work and the alternator will never get energized. Now I have an extra alternator I need to find a project for haha

• Like 1

Pete,

Glad you got that working! Nice when they charge and start when you want! 

Regards,

Chris

Yep should be nice having a functioning charging system now. Having a hard time reading this but does it look like 808 hours on this machine?? I am not sure how many digits are supposed to be showing but this machine has had plentyyy of use.

8A4B339E-88DC-4FC0-A420-C816FA475D05.jpeg