Sign in to follow this  
INTERNATIONAL 1466

104 year old Hart Parr Great story

We have some really good friends that have a nice tractor collection. The collection is of mostly Olivers. They have around 25 or so tractors. They do all their own mechanic work and restorations. They were asked to put on a small show for a local tractor ride. They are not the show off kind, so it took some doing to get them to even do this. The Hart Parr is a one owner one farm tractor. It was unloaded off the train and drove 2 1/2 miles to the farm in 1915. They have the original bill of sale operators manual and other items. The tractor was used on the farm and also was used to pull a road grader to maintain the local roads. The tractor has never left their farm. The story on the Hart Parr is more cool than the tractor itself to me. I have a couple pictures. Enjoy, and by the way, all the current machinery on the farm is CASEIH.

KIMG1064.jpg

KIMG1065.jpg

KIMG1067.jpg

• Like 8

OK, I'll admit, I'm not a huge Oliver fan but that's just cool. Especially about the Hart Parr!

Thanks for sharing!

Rick

Olivers were a great brand of tractors! nice collection, thanks for sharing

Did they run that 1950t for YA? That screamer would wake up the dead with a straight pipe 😎

What’s the engine in the 1950T?

First time I ever chopped haylage was with a 1950-t with 4 wheel drive and a cab with fender tanks. 

I think me make mistake upon closer lookin.😂 I was thinkin of 1950 dd powered . I believe the 1950t has a Waukesha 

9 minutes ago, hillman said:

I think me make mistake upon closer lookin.😂 I was thinkin of 1950 dd powered . I believe the 1950t has a Waukesha 

That’s what I’m thinking 

the screamers always had two air precleaners sticking through the hood.

Hart Parr the founders of the tractor industry.

1950T HAD A 310 CUBIC INCH WAUKESHA..TURBOED..MANY THREW RODS

Very cool.

There used to be a guy on YouTube.... I believe by the name of carpenter? Who was super knowledgeable on all things Oliver.  Unfortunately he seems to have pulled all his videos.  He had spoke in depth on the infamous 310 and he certainly felt they were a worthwhile motor

I saw a very rare oliver880 high crop , believe only one left owned by a guy from Ohio. At the pioneer steam and tractor show in Saegertown pa this weekend featured Oliver’s and cochshutt . 👍🏿 It was excellent 

Some of the bigger Oliver's had Detroit Diesels.

You could hear them working for miles.

Started in the Super 99 and then the 990 and newer.

Lets see, more gears in the transmission, a sweet running engine with two more cylinders, easy steering and live PTO.

If I wasn't an IH man, I would be Oliver.

This is a super collection. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Diesel Doctor said:

Some of the bigger Oliver's had Detroit Diesels.

You could hear them working for miles.

Started in the Super 99 and then the 990 and newer.

Lets see, more gears in the transmission, a sweet running engine with two more cylinders, easy steering and live PTO.

If I wasn't an IH man, I would be Oliver.

This is a super collection. Thanks for sharing.

They are nice the 1655 I drove this summer was harder than my 656 to get on and off tho the over under was nice...

Could not imagen working a Detroit hard day in and out tho. Your word of the day would be huh...expecislly in the day when hearing protection wasn't common

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mader656 said:

Could not imagen working a Detroit hard day in and out tho. Your word of the day would be huh...expecislly in the day when hearing protection wasn't common

X2,222,222 absolutely insane to run a 371-671 at full throttle for any amount of time