Sign in to follow this  
hanniedog

Can't buy a good rain

Sure seems like on radar lately the storms keep hitting the same areas. That time of the year, it's hit or miss getting under a shower.

We got it last night , ⛈️ Didn’t have to do rain ️ dance 💃 

glad I wasn’t on Lake Erie last night 

We are the opposite here. Normally by this time of year we have dried up but it is still springtime here with rain every couple of days. I haven't even ran a drop of irrigation water and it has been near impossible to get any hay put up.

After a long 100 degree streatch it has now been raining all night .   I’m looking at my rain gauge with binoculars and it’s showing  a bit over 2 inches .Just in time for any dryland corn 

7-21-19 

my dad would have called it a thousand bushel rain.

3 hours ago, ZachGrant said:

We are the opposite here. Normally by this time of year we have dried up but it is still springtime here with rain every couple of days. I haven't even ran a drop of irrigation water and it has been near impossible to get any hay put up.

Same here it's as green as beginning of June...i don't think we have gone 3 days without rain this year...its nice for a change....

14 hours ago, Ian Beale said:

About what you'll get from a politician too in that and other departments

Press "1" for on-topic, non-political, comprehensible , English.

After a wet May - June and then becoming dry in the last 4 - 5 days we've had some good rains.  Prior to these I'd noticed a number of fields on light ground where the corn was starting to curl.

3 minutes ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Press "1" for on-topic, non-political, comprehensible , English.

Press "2" for rhyming slang

Cooled down 15 to 20 deg last nite and got another 8tenths last nite. 8 tenths 3 or 4 days ago also. Ground was starting to crack and get prett dry. Nice timely rain that should set us up for a while.

been kinda dry here we got .30 rain last night thats about all we get anymore seems like about .25 to .30 of rain would be very nice to catch a rain hard to believe this spring we had 4foot of water on the field and now they are running the pivot