Sign in to follow this  
dads706

Murphy stopped for a visit....

It's Saturday hotter than hello and my central air was froze up.  

Mama ain't happy being without AC till next week.    Dig out the fans.

hmmm, no snuggling for y'all tonight.  Mightn be a night to take momma out for a hotel vacation!!

I just had mine fixed Friday, to the tune of $900. It was out for 2 years.  

TWO YEARS !!!!!!!! I would go without heat before A/C.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, red211 said:

^^^ says the guy from the Mid-South and not from the Upper Midwest 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Amen brother!!!!

Personally I hate AC.  I swear it gives me a sore throat so I just avoid using it.  95 and high humidity sounds perfect!

1 minute ago, Bdse25 said:

Personally I hate AC.  I swear it gives me a sore throat so I just avoid using it.  95 and high humidity sounds perfect!

i'm fine with the temp and humidity during the day, but I want me some a/c to sleep with.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, red211 said:

i'm fine with the temp and humidity during the day, but I want me some a/c to sleep with.

Yes unfortunately most of my family feels the same way so the central air is on, and if I’m doing something dusty like combining the AC is on just to keep the cab clean but driving around in my truck I never use it.  

You won't find me without AC.......but my little shack will freeze with just a good sized window unit.  I got a Fijitsu on a skid here that we never did get put in, I should advertise it before the next heat wave.

1 hour ago, Atilathehun99 said:

That's fair, but I tolerate "lack of" heat much better than "lack of" AC here in snow country.

17 minutes ago, Bdse25 said:

🤮

6 hours ago, red211 said:

X222!

I don't have AC in Hayfield tractors, don't like to go from hot to cold when I'm out working. BUT, gotta have it to sleep and prefer it on a sit down meal. Dang humidity is so high here this summer, if you ain't in a/c your wringin' wet from head to toe. 😠

I just put in new ton and a half unit and A coil. Went two weeks without air. We got by but it was not pleasant. 

New a/c, windows and deck. I quit for this year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, red211 said:

Thats it!

14 hours ago, dads706 said:

It's Saturday hotter than hello and my central air was froze up.  

Mama ain't happy being without AC till next week.    Dig out the fans.

I gather the evaporator coil iced up

if you turn the fan to the on position and shut the power off to the compressor it will thaw over night.

before retirement we owned a service / repair company for restaurants

use to happen all the time in humid weather to roof units because the waitstaff would forget to shut off the AC at night.

Mike

ps; we have  210 air up here

2 windows / 10 mph breeze :D

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2019 at 7:09 PM, red211 said:

Same here don't use it while trucking as I don't like the in and out temperature change. But from supper time till morning I like my ac. 

And Murphy has been here awhile now. Weather conditions haven't been very friendly for working in my outdoor shop. Rainy and wet to scorching hot. My participation at the Marshalltown show will be less than normal. Projects simply have not got the attention I expected to give them. I'll be there just not with near as much stuff as I had anticipated.

We had the original HVAC in this house replaced last week, it was 28 years old and always did struggle to keep up in the extreme heat, we knew we were running on borrowed time so we went ahead and committed to the new setup.  This new unit will chill it right down to 68 degrees no matter how hot it is outside.  Can't believe the difference.  The furnace is supposed to be a lot more efficient also.  It wasn't cheap and it damned well better not konk out on me this summer.