Sledgehammer

A few pics from today...

26 minutes ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Do you have a spare key for the 686?  Don't want to be stranded!  😁  Enjoy the ride, Todd!

You bet I do 😉

• Like 1

That is one pretty tractor. It looks much better than a show tractor to me. I love a little of a being use look on a tractor. Is that a corn crib that I see in the back ground?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James Wilson said:

That is one pretty tractor. It looks much better than a show tractor to me. I love a little of a being use look on a tractor. Is that a corn crib that I see in the back ground?

Thank you.  Yes, there is a corn crib there. Good eye. 

• Like 1

Must be serious with a 4610 needing a weight bracket, I was thinking it was a 35 or 3610.  Grew up with Gehls, they are good machines.  I personally don't think their is another machine brand out there from the time that would take the abuse they would.

3 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Must be serious with a 4610 needing a weight bracket, I was thinking it was a 35 or 3610.  Grew up with Gehls, they are good machines.  I personally don't think their is another machine brand out there from the time that would take the abuse they would.

It’s been a good machine. Got a tune up with some new glow plugs about 3 years ago. Under 2000 hours. Actually belongs to my father but he doesn’t know how to start it. He bought it in the early 90’s to clean out the barns and my uncle kept it and used it at his place for years.  After I moved here I went and got it and kept it here to help Dad out when he needed it.  He is not an equipment operator and at 67 he would use a shovel and wheel barrow with that thing sitting 10’ away 🤦🏻‍♂️  He is tougher than a pine knot and has a PHD in Veterinary medicine but has always done things the hard way. I politely tell him I have a better way and go do the heavy lifting for him. Go figure....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Thank you.  Yes, there is a corn crib there. Good eye. 

Corn crib gazebo!! Drag that baby home and drop it in the back yard! Momma will be so happy!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, new guy said:

Corn crib gazebo!! Drag that baby home and drop it in the back yard! Momma will be so happy!

It’s about 4’ from being in the yard where it sits. That fence in the foreground separates the pasture from the yard.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

It’s been a good machine. Got a tune up with some new glow plugs about 3 years ago. Under 2000 hours. Actually belongs to my father but he doesn’t know how to start it. He bought it in the early 90’s to clean out the barns and my uncle kept it and used it at his place for years.  After I moved here I went and got it and kept it here to help Dad out when he needed it.  He is not an equipment operator and at 67 he would use a shovel and wheel barrow with that thing sitting 10’ away 🤦🏻‍♂️  He is tougher than a pine knot and has a PHD in Veterinary medicine but has always done things the hard way. I politely tell him I have a better way and go do the heavy lifting for him. Go figure....

Nothing worse than the hard way when the easy way is right there...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

It’s about 4’ from being in the yard where it sits. That fence in the foreground separates the pasture from the yard.  

Thats even easier!! Just move the fence!

Maybe some flowers around it....a firepit with a little patio around it off to one side...

I can give you pointers on how to do it all.....just finished mine.

20190705_135045.jpg

• Like 7

11 hours ago, new guy said:

Thats even easier!! Just move the fence!

Maybe some flowers around it....a firepit with a little patio around it off to one side...

I can give you pointers on how to do it all.....just finished mine.

20190705_135045.jpg

That looks really nice.  The extra work you put in was worth it.

jerry

• Thanks 1

That’s a bitchin landscaping job!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, lorenzo said:

That’s a bitchin landscaping job!

Thanks. It started out as a simple upgrade to the ugly pile of ashes where we would have small bonfires. My buddy had a rim rust out on his 1086 and had to buy a new one. That is the liner inside the firepit. Plans were to wrap the rim with stone to look nice. Then decided to add a paver patio so the lawnchair legs dont sink in the ground. When we leveled the site what looked like maybe 6-10" slope turned into 2-3' and reatining walls. This was the result....another project that snowballed in size and cost. We absolutely love it (and it has a little IH at the center of it!)

Impressive work there. I really like it

• Thanks 1