Sign in to follow this  
sandhiller

Doubled the # of stop lights in Cherry Co

Added these to the "hwy 83 truck wash" south of Valentine.

IMG_20190716_204431190.thumb.jpg.2d58a6d59e353d1226dbdd56e9dfb122.jpg

IMG_20190716_204453059.thumb.jpg.be75cdeb1b135b22473f2e46ec58c126.jpg

IMG_20190716_163655416_HDR.thumb.jpg.b64d4d4c7c6e88957becaaa2337f1c75.jpg

I may get on ice road truckers this winter if the water doesn't go down 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So they put up temporary stoplights for one way traffic through the standing water? How long do you expect the water to be high? Sorry I'm not sure what we are looking at. 

Gets some pontoons and build yourself a ferry boat! Sandhiller's ferry service. Tickets: one way $5.00; round trip: $7.50.   B)

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 12_Guy said:

So they put up temporary stoplights for one way traffic through the standing water? How long do you expect the water to be high? Sorry I'm not sure what we are looking at. 

Being from  a small town in Nebraska and knowing that there are dozens of small towns with either one or no stoplights at all I think he is just making a chuckle about it , 

Not a joke,  just a chuckle ,  there’s a difference . 

For further explanation ask MTO to clarify .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Added these to the "hwy 83 truck wash" south of Valentine.

IMG_20190716_204431190.thumb.jpg.2d58a6d59e353d1226dbdd56e9dfb122.jpg

IMG_20190716_204453059.thumb.jpg.be75cdeb1b135b22473f2e46ec58c126.jpg

IMG_20190716_163655416_HDR.thumb.jpg.b64d4d4c7c6e88957becaaa2337f1c75.jpg

I may get on ice road truckers this winter if the water doesn't go down 😁

Yeah, but you’re no Lisa Kelly...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 12_Guy said:

Yes, exactly. Standing water across HWY 83 for over 2 months now. The condition of the roadbed underneath this water is a concern. 

Not sure, it's never been this high so long. HWY 97 just to the west has a spot that is under 10 feet of water. Tried pumping😂 it failed.

And I apologize for being short on explanation/description. It was late and the last compartment on the fuel tanker I was unloading went empty so I hit submit on this new thread and unhooked hoses and hit off for home. 

This isn't the first time Lorenzo has had to explain my posts to the masses.

He must have the 

SANDHILLS GUIDE TO SPEECH ETIQUETTE

or

when he says "this", he means "this"

😂😂🤣

4 hours ago, lorenzo said:

I think he is just making a chuckle about it , 

Not a joke,  just a chuckle ,  there’s a difference . 

Yes sir, full on chuckle stopping just short of a joke😉

3 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Yeah, but you’re no Lisa Kelly..

Luckily the gender that I was born with is the one that can appreciate Lisa Kelly on many levels🦊😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I thought I understood what was going on there, but I couldn't imagine a road being underwater for months at a time and needing the stoplight. Around here a lot of people would not drive through standing water. They have good reason to be fearful as numerous people have drowned trying to cross swollen creeks. It's a totally different situation though as it appears that you have backwater with no current. We have quite a few slab crossings where you drive down into the creek instead of bridges. So sorry to hear about the flooding in your area. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Yes, exactly. Standing water across HWY 83 for over 2 months now. The condition of the roadbed underneath this water is a concern. 

Not sure, it's never been this high so long. HWY 97 just to the west has a spot that is under 10 feet of water. Tried pumping😂 it failed.

And I apologize for being short on explanation/description. It was late and the last compartment on the fuel tanker I was unloading went empty so I hit submit on this new thread and unhooked hoses and hit off for home. 

This isn't the first time Lorenzo has had to explain my posts to the masses.

He must have the 

SANDHILLS GUIDE TO SPEECH ETIQUETTE

or

when he says "this", he means "this"

😂😂🤣

Yes sir, full on chuckle stopping just short of a joke😉

Luckily the gender that I was born with is the one that can appreciate Lisa Kelly on many levels🦊😍

Must take awhile for the water to filter down to the Ogallala Aquifer. 

I am originally from Nebraska and as a young man in my twenties worked for the Nebraska Dept. of Aeronautics in the early 80's. This job took me to every airport in NE. even ones with grass runways. Remember once in western Nebraska being held up for about an hour while DOT laid layer after layer of new asphalt down in the water to build highway up above the standing water line. If memory serves me correctly water was not as deep as this example, maybe about a foot or so. To me looks like Valentine has gotten pretty darned high tech.

• Like 1

I think the joke will be when a coasty (left LA,Portland Seattle.....right NY ,Boston )happens by and decides they cannot wait there turn. Then the wave ( wake,I don't the right term) from your truck splashes over the hood of there sports car.🤣  

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, ihrondiesel said:

Must take awhile for the water to filter down to the Ogallala Aquifer. 

Normally with our sand it filters down very quick. This is a real abnormal year. Where this at is the Valentine Nat Refuge. A lot of small lakes. So kind of a collection point for water. No one I know has ever seen the water stay on top this long.