hippy5488

2350 loader

was wondering what everyone is converting the front mounts too.   wanting to make the bucket quick tach.   does any one make a quicke style bracket for front?   or maybe use westondorf style brackets?  

i thot they were QA hmmm my 2355 is on my 5088

47 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

i thot they were QA hmmm my 2355 is on my 5088

He means making the bucket quick attach i believe.

IH offered a quick attach adapter for the 2350.

well DUH sorry i didnt read that properly - i would think fabricating a SSQA plate would be the way to go if you wanted to add that. 

I have one of these on mine - https://www.messicks.com/cas/56225?sectionId=5774587&diagramId=56225_1098842

its pretty quick but not very universal for other brand stuff 

1 hour ago, J-Mech said:

Indeed they did. https://partstore.caseih.com/us/FarmersEquipmentElida/parts-search.html#epc::mr66563ar994030

I prefer a Euro-style quick attach over a skid steer style.  The Euro attachments are easier to hook up on uneven ground, are positively latched for safety, and are the way of the future for ag loaders the size of a 2350.  PM me if you want more info...been doing this since '95.

2 hours ago, J-Mech said:

1 hour ago, FarmallFan said:

I did not know that. Figured the quick attach buckets didnt start till later than that.

looks like the one on messicks is the IH one that i have that is in the IH book - it works pretty slick until someone bends up things lol 

1 hour ago, searcyfarms said:

looks like the one on messicks is the IH one that i have that is in the IH book - it works pretty slick until someone bends up things lol 

What you linked to is just a pic of a material bucket, not a quick attach.  Did you link up the pic you intended?

Thing about it is, the skidsteer style is practically universal these days. You can get brand new attachments for it cheap at most consignment auctions.

There are other better designs, probably even including the quick attach designed for the 2350, but.... WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO FIND ATTACHMENTS? The skidsteer ones are all over the place, ready to use. If you need something in particular for the brand-specific QA systems, and right now, you get to fabricate...

I was reading that the skid steer is designed for small machines. I think it has limits when put on large tractors. The euro design is rated for more weight and hp.

56 minutes ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Thing about it is, the skidsteer style is practically universal these days. You can get brand new attachments for it cheap at most consignment auctions.

There are other better designs, probably even including the quick attach designed for the 2350, but.... WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO FIND ATTACHMENTS? The skidsteer ones are all over the place, ready to use. If you need something in particular for the brand-specific QA systems, and right now, you get to fabricate...

You nailed it.   Yes I have to agree that the ureo style is probly stouter.  That said I have 23-2450 loaders and a great bend on my 7250 with skidsteer universal plates made by Horst welding and have never had ANY issues.  There is a standard duty model that was $ 5-600 at the time or the heavy duty one at 2x the price. I have the heavy ones. It allows me to use the same 10 plus skidsteer attachments I already own as well as borrowing any of the 30+ attachments my neighbor has less than a mile away.

You know, this is another example of IH being way ahead of it's time.  The quick attach bucket system (and the quick mount loader in general) were unheard of in that time.  Everything was mounted. (Not quick mounted.)  The bucket system was great.  Two spring loaded pins that had to be manually released, but auto locked.  Just like all the new quick mount systems.  It was heavy and had no issue holding up to some harsh work.  (Digging holes.) It mounted up to all the IH loader buckets, and honestly wasn't hard to adapt an attachment to fit.  (I did it when I was in high school.)  Yep, ol IH nailed way before anyone else.

As far as a quick mount system..... depends what you want.  Matt is right.  Skid steer style is pretty easy to find and get attachments for.  They hold up well, but do wear out.  Remember a lot of skid steers are over 100hp now, so the attaching mechanism is pretty stout.  

We have a 105U with a loader and the Euro style.  Works great, no complaints at all.  TBH, we have a 2350 with the quick mount (that was on my family farm since new before we went out), the Euro style on the 105, and a Case skid steer, so I used them all.  I like them all.  Your choice OP. 

• Like 2

Don't know when IH came out with it, but I know when dad bought the Westendorf in the late 70's, we thought we'd died and gone to heaven.  Once out of the cab for 30 seconds to change from the bucket to the hay fork??  WOW!   Never had any problem with it either for 30+ years, still prefer that system over all the others I've used.

• Like 1

Euro mount is going to be easier to hook up on a tractor where visibility to the coupler is limited and Euro mounting hooks are readily available for about the same price as a skid steer plate.

20190302_173124.jpg

I have both the original quick attach for my 2250 and i bought a worksaver skidsteer mount. You wont bend that one. Ive had lots of weight on it with no trouble. My only complaint is the skidsteer bracket is narrower than your loader, that being said it makes it a little tougher to hook up. You pull into the attachment and wiggle your front end then curl it back. Sometimes it takes a couple tries. I struggle with the original one too shown above which is like the one smoker showed. The problem with my worksaver is the price. Thinking $800, but its been a while. 

Yep. $800..... rating of 3500lbs. Shows for 2250 but wherever i got it showed for 2350 as well. Either way they measure the same but use different pin holes i believe. In the pic it shows both holes. Anyway i like mine except the price. But i already owned spikes, and pallet forks, grapple etc for skidsteer. Now i can use it all on whatever. 

Screenshot_20190716-135535_Samsung Internet.jpg

Where are you getting it for $800? Does that include freight?

Iowa Farm Equipment will deliver it anywhere in the lower 48 for $950.

Anybody have any experience with the generic weld-on adapters? I'm concerned what you get for $107, but they don't look any different than the ~$200 ones or even the ~$300 ones...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Skid-Steer-Quick-Tach-Conversion-Adapter-Latch-Box-Weld-On-QTK/192329772169?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Does shurlock have the specs for a 2350 loader or are measurements required? Is the IH adaptor still available?

3 hours ago, hanniedog said:

Does shurlock have the specs for a 2350 loader or are measurements required? Is the IH adaptor still available?

Just go to their web site.  It tells how to measure.

jerry