Missouri Mule

Alaska Bush people show

Side note to fame.

Hugh Evans,  who was the roadmaster on the Railroad Alaska show, lives right by me and is always at my work doing FRA inspections.

3 hours ago, oneday said:

I read that Otto was a self made millionaire. He had/has a business repairing heavy equipment 

There's a difference between having to live the way they live and CHOOSING to live the way they live. Otto is really a kindred spirit to most of us here. He loves to work with old iron and make things himself using what he has at hand, even though he could easily afford to have all new equipment and a professionally built mansion.

I know in one episode they mention some of ottos past about being a retired machinist and having sold his machine shop

10 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

You got the wrong "Alaska" show. That's "Alaska: The Last Frontier" about a totally different family.

The "Bush People" don't have any equipment like that, just a rotten old boat as I recall.

My question is how do MOST people get income in Alaska? Most of those Alaska shows there was no visible source of income in these remote villages. They must be getting money for mineral rights, or have unseen relatives working at an oil field or mine.

I gotcha now.  Thought those were the same shows but with different clans.   That is another gripe of reality tv, one network creates something that is a hit, so another one creates a similar one to ride the coattails. Or they spin off another one on a sister network.  Sometimes trying to keep track of which Alaska/Junk/Pickers/Crab boatin/ you name it is what.     I like the actual documentaries instead of reality tv.

• Like 1

Maybe it's just that I'm not paying attention anymore but I think that whole Alaska reality show craze has run its course. There are a few left but it's not like it was a few years ago with fifteen Alaska shows and a couple new ones popping up every week.

2 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Maybe it's just that I'm not paying attention anymore but I think that whole Alaska reality show craze has run its course. There are a few left but it's not like it was a few years ago with fifteen Alaska shows and a couple new ones popping up every week.

That sure is a happy thought. 

• Haha 1