Sign in to follow this  
INTERNATIONAL 1466

Year A Round cabs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The boys and I are not fans of any cabs that are pre 86 series. We ditch all cabs that are on any 66, 56 and 06 series we aquire, at least eventually, (currently have 9 cabs standing here). Sure they served a purpose back in the day and some even looked cool, but what a pain to work anything. Had a customer 766 in last week for a clutch and lights and other things. You could not get the sheet metal off over the fuel tank! No way to get the center hood off without jacking up the front of the cab a little bit. Have a 1466 with a Hiniker and those early ones came with their own center hood because the factory one was too tall. And try to adjust a clutch with power assist on a YAR cab. They give you a hole big enough to see through, but no room to work. Strongly dislike those cabs as mechanics. Rant over and a couple pictures of a 66 how it should be and one that is going to be that way soon, just for fun.

KIMG1015.jpg

KIMG0797.jpg

• Like 1

I bet that guy blowing snow likes the cab...

• Like 6

Dont doubt they are a added pain to work on but i wouldnt want one without a cab personally. Hate sitting in the dust and wind. And i REALLY hate a cold wind. Those cabs still serve a purpose for me and im sure others....

• Like 4

Have some of each 

we take the doors off in the summer helps a lot 

Nice looking 66s.. both Picts. Open station is nice like in first picture haying, but -30 & wind blowing, that cab sure feels good. Spent enough years on smaller tractors in winter without cabs to appreciate a nice warm one now.👍👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 806Jordy said:

I bet that guy blowing snow likes the cab...

Oh he did, but we also have a couple 86's and an 88 that could have been on the blower. Still dislike those cabs as a mechanic. Cab isn't on that 14 anymore either.

I agree 100%, I have the 86/88 series tractors for cab work and 06 thru 56 are all open stations, the YAR and others are just hot rattle boxes in my opinion. Can't beat an 86 series on a round baler!!!

I like the sleeve of wheel weights on that plow tractor .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ih crazy said:

Can't beat an 86 series on a round baler!!!

as long as it is a 186. otherwise, forget it and bring me my 826 hydro.

• Like 1

Dad put a year around on his Hydro 100 for hauling manure in the winter. I'll admit it was alot warmer than the IH windbreaker we used for many years. Took all the windows out and the doors off in the summer and it was better than sitting outside with the sun beating on you. We had the model #371 of the manure spreaders pictured, and anyone else who owned one back in the day remembers they were slow to get started with pen pack, and with slop they were fast to unload, especially when it was getting about empty. You might be up to 10 mph to not get it too thick. The hydro worked so much better than the 1086 would have, so it was worth putting the cab on the 100

KIMG1858.jpg

• Like 1

Open station on a snowblower is just missery.................Anything is better than that.

• Like 1

Yah, I know those YARs make working on the tractor a pain.  Went through that last year on my 856 when I pulled the head, then later had to work on the MCV.  Gotta take the  left front cab support off to work on the MCV and clutch linkage.  At least mine has a 66 series cab on which allows the fuel tank and panels to come off without moving the cab, but still what a pain!  I won’t be taking the cab off though.  Feeder wagon tractor.

Yeah....that guy blowing snow looking back over his shoulder would probably be a lot more comfortable with out that crappy cab on there.  

Growing up with them, maybe I just don't know any better.

• Like 1

But, Dear I need a second machine.  This one has a cab for cold weather.....😁

• Haha 2

Not very many aftermaket cabs I ever seen had A/C. I still like my deluxe cab on my 1466 this time of the year. I have the A/C working fine. Only know of one 1066 around here pretty much resored with a hiniker cab on it that has working A/C.

I need a y a r 211 for parts or complete switch out.  Love being inside.

An old saying was "hot in the summer, cold in the winter and noisy Year-A-Round"

• Haha 2

For me cab even rattle trap year round. I swear there is only about 30 days a year open station is ok. Shade in summer sort of a bug defense at night with lights on. Wind breaker in cold weather.   But I like my deluxe cabs on the 2 1466s I think the air works better in them than mx200 in the middle of the day.

I've said it before- it's often forgotten in this day when everybody has gotten used to Magnums, 8000 Deeres, Challengers, etc.  But the people who were buying lots of those crude early cabs new started their careers behind horses, or on a 10-20 with steel wheels.  They really though they had died and gone to heaven to have a 100+ horsepower tractor with exponentially more productivity that kept them somewhat warm while they were plowing in December.

• Like 1