I know 3 weeks ago a lot of us were complaining about the extremely wet spring most of us were having. Well, it’s getting very dry around now... My wife says I’m never happy with the weather, she’s probably right. I have corn on sand that’s curling pretty bad, so wouldn’t mind a nice shower. Don’t be to hard on me...

I'd trade you for dry weather..................Just finished putting all the lanes back in place here today after they all washed out Saturday.

27 minutes ago, NY1468 said:

I know 3 weeks ago a lot of us were complaining about the extremely wet spring most of us were having. Well, it’s getting very dry around now... My wife says I’m never happy with the weather, she’s probably right. I have corn on sand that’s curling pretty bad, so wouldn’t mind a nice shower. Don’t be to hard on me...

I know what you mean. Here in Iowa it looks like the first weekly forecast in a long time that doesn't have rain in it. I hope it doesn't  shut off the water.. Temps are suppose to be in the 90s in a few days for a while. In 95 it was wet in may and then didn't rain til after the fourth of july. Things really looked tough then. But I guess we will get what we get and our wives will just have to put up with us!

I was wrestling with mud today.  Baling straw on sand ground that is DUSTY!!!!  No air conditioning in the 1586 so I am sweating profusely, causing the dust to stick to me.

A shower, then a root beer float made my day.

12 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

I was wrestling with mud today.  Baling straw on sand ground that is DUSTY!!!!  No air conditioning in the 1586 so I am sweating profusely, causing the dust to stick to me.

A shower, then a root beer float made my day.

I thought I smelled something..

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

I'd trade you for dry weather..................Just finished putting all the lanes back in place here today after they all washed out Saturday.

Flood or drought, would I rather mash my thumb with a hammer or drop a window weight on a bare toe?

Hurts bad either way.

Here in E.C MN its still been too wet to put up good hay. And if its not raining then its the humidity and the "sweat" from the rains. I havent had to water my sweetcorn yet its on loamy sand. Im still thank full. My $0.02 of the weather nonsense 

A little rain last night, we needed a bit. Been irrigating for the past few days, the gardens were dry. Looking at the fruit trees and berry bush's they are really loaded. Plum trees are so full we've had to support the branch's. Currants are drooping I'll have to put netting on those soon or the birds will have them ! After the tough winter and gosh awful spring I didn't expect to get such a crop. No bee's to speak of either and still we got good pollination!

It was just starting to really dry out the week of RPRU. Then this last week we had thunderstorms and heavy downpours capped off last Sunday when it just rained cats and dogs. Showed 3.5" fell in 2 hours. South of us down towards DC they got hammered with up to 5 ".

We are starting to get dryer ......this is compared to getting a half inch per day (or hour) so we have a long way to go to be dry. Especially since rain is forecasted tomorrow showers likely the next day

We missed most of Saturday’s rain only getting 2/10’s. I think this is fairly localized, but seems to have gotten dry quick. A couple weeks ago it was to wet so I guess that’s why the title... 

localized is the key word. we got 1/2" in less than an hour here on Saturday. neighbor 3 miles down the road didn't even have puddles. 30 miles west, about 4", all from the same storm.

I'm baling the last of the first cutting today. wet fields are still getting marks in the ground from tires.

Oren, did you figure out where you saw the 5288 and chopper? Otego/ Oneonta area? or is there another rig like that out there I'm not remembering?

It's suprising how different area's get their rain! Our OFFICIAL NOAA weather forecast for today is "10% chance of sprinkles"!!!!!!!!!!!

55 minutes ago, ny bill o said:

localized is the key word. we got 1/2" in less than an hour here on Saturday. neighbor 3 miles down the road didn't even have puddles. 30 miles west, about 4", all from the same storm.

I'm baling the last of the first cutting today. wet fields are still getting marks in the ground from tires.

Oren, did you figure out where you saw the 5288 and chopper? Otego/ Oneonta area? or is there another rig like that out there I'm not remembering?

I think you were right, around oneonta exit I think. I could see it on the way home also and thought I would remember.....

Some pictures of the conditions I’m talking about and uneven corn due to conditions. 

4BD8663C-6F72-45D5-A55F-0D4D9597EAF5.jpeg

504DFE0B-4098-42A2-8A78-89E429DFFC57.jpeg

D65B1E00-BDF1-4A1C-9AB0-E28CF7D769E1.jpeg

9C87241F-1E68-410D-8E07-5AE6586402F2.jpeg

44BAE196-3656-43B2-84EA-6A1265E71E39.jpeg

6A934495-DE32-45AB-A0EC-F99EBD137885.jpeg

CF12C950-614D-43AF-B18D-2154DDC70FC0.jpeg

There’s still a lot of unplanted ground around here. I saw a tractor buried in mud with wheel harrows still hooked to it. 

Funny thing, the whole field looked dry😱

Corn planters are still rolling here. I think it’s because most of these guys don’t have a choice. Little feed carry over, I know of several that resorted to feeding green chop hay to get them through.

2 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

There’s still a lot of unplanted ground around here. I saw a tractor buried in mud with wheel harrows still hooked to it. 

Funny thing, the whole field looked dry😱

Corn planters are still rolling here. I think it’s because most of these guys don’t have a choice. Little feed carry over, I know of several that resorted to feeding green chop hay to get them through.

Wow just wow 

I got my rain today, hope it didn’t affect anyone adversely. We got 3 to 4 hrs of a nice steady rain. 

31 minutes ago, NY1468 said:

I got my rain today, hope it didn’t affect anyone adversely. We got 3 to 4 hrs of a nice steady rain. 

Thanks for taking care of it as we barely got anything today. We are trying to get the first cutting done with.. most fields have multiple muddy spots, some encompass the whole field. Hard to chop in conditions like this

• Sad 1

I should have mentioned that we have done second cutting on 2/3ds of the ground