Sign in to follow this  
red tractor fever

Saturday's Show

Here's our line up for Saturday's show in Garwin, Iowa. From left to right.
#1.1971-826 serial number 16846 pulling I'm assuming a 70's era Big Butch wagon. A complete Big Butch setup. Box, hoist, and gear all Big Butch brand. Low use wagon still wearing it's original tires and rims. Wagon #2, Calhoun barge box UNFORTUNATELY still on the Bradford gear. My intention was to have it switched for show day but it just didn't happen. I'm glad I took it tho. Talked with a couple from Eldora, Iowa. They remember where it was sold new and the building is still standing. How cool is that? He loved the original stencil and hoped we kept it inside which we do. 
#2. My SMTA. It got to go simply cause it was handy when I was loading early in the morning.
#3. 1970-826 serial number 13344. It to was handy and I simply wanted it there with the 71.
#4. Dad in laws SMTA serial number 63135. He started farming with it.
Notice the every other one going on? It was a happy accident.
Not pictured. The Navy tractor took up sick after we got there. Starts and runs but something kinda grinds. So it never got unloaded. And I'm not tearing into it till after August. IH is the feature in Marshalltown so it'll be there regardless. Gonna unload it in the morning. Unless something really goes haywire, it'll be in Marshalltown. And my nephew drove his great grandfather 826 but parked elsewhere. I'm adding a couple extra pictures so the wagons show up better.

20190706_115933.jpg

0629191502.jpg

0629191502a.jpg

1026181628a.jpg

Resized_20171203_115151.jpeg

• Like 7

Looks like fun

Nice photos. 

The forage and grain wagons are in great shape.  The painted lettering looks good.

Dont think i ever heard of Big Butch before.

20 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Looks like fun

Had a great time. It was a record turn out for them. Somebody counted 70 tractors of all flavors. The previous record was 58. Orange probably had the best showing but a huge collector lives just a few miles away. Red would be #2. And not far behind would be Ford. 

12 hours ago, bob_carr said:

Nice photos. 

The forage and grain wagons are in great shape.  The painted lettering looks good.

Thanks. Put them back under roof today to keep them that way to.

12 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Dont think i ever heard of Big Butch before.

I hadn't till this one myself. The built in Iowa was the draw for me as well as all original in nice shape and a complete wagon with all three components being Big Butch. I actually found another box shortly after this one. It was on a Midwest gear with Midwest hoist and was painted red. But it had had a rough life. Plenty of metal patches on it. And some of the metal uprights were bent past acceptable. They are kinda a different design and would be hard to make. It went from all in at first sight, to I'm not even gonna bid after numerous times of studying the pictures. It would never look good behind the one I have so I looked the other way on auction day. If I remember correctly it brought way more than I expected. 

I asked a friend whose also a wagon guy. He agreed it would probably be best to let the second one go.

I don't think these two look to bad together. So I'll keep my eyes open just in case another one shows up someday.

• Like 1