Sign in to follow this  
dale560

Loading scrap iron.

We have a lot of scrap we want to get rid of. A pile of junk behind the shop maybe around 25 tons. Got some young guys to load a load. Now we have to wait for sheriff and states attorney to inspect it that we are not stealing any. Got 3 calls from sheriff deputy on Saturday about me stealing own scrap iron. I even called office a hour ahead of time to let them know what they was going on. But you have 6 sisters and 2 senile parents in the mix adds excitement. So tomorrow after 10 phone calls and a few visits by sheriff we should have one load out 50 more to go. Sad thing they are spending more money than the scrap was ever worth. 

BAFEF006-0359-4249-955A-B93FE2AEF83F.jpeg

E328B288-B4E4-4B85-9F21-D7B8BF8A6906.jpeg

5F0AFF08-E981-4C50-A752-63F7FBFB0646.jpeg

2AEBEE85-60F8-4089-BE57-E546F872686A.jpeg

• Like 3

I had a local guy pick up the small pile I had a couple months ago. I didn't get anything for it but at least it's gone and I didn't have to touch it. Family squabbles are no fun, I saw it when my grandpa passed. Dad and one of my uncles barely spoke to each other again after it was all said and done. They always seem to start over petty things.

6 minutes ago, dale560 said:

We have a lot of scrap we want to get rid of. A pile of junk behind the shop maybe around 25 tons. Got some young guys to load a load. Now we have to wait for sheriff and states attorney to inspect it that we are not stealing any. Got 3 calls from sheriff deputy on Saturday about me stealing own scrap iron. I even called office a hour ahead of time to let them know what they as going on. But you have 6 sisters and 2 senile parents in the mix adds excitement. So tomorrow after 10 phone calls and a few visits by sheriff we should have one load out 50 more to go.

Knock on wood, that I've never had to go through that and I hope I never do. I've seen families squabble over everything. I really feel for you Dale. Good luck!

Rick

49 minutes ago, dale560 said:

We have a lot of scrap we want to get rid of. A pile of junk behind the shop maybe around 25 tons. Got some young guys to load a load. Now we have to wait for sheriff and states attorney to inspect it that we are not stealing any. Got 3 calls from sheriff deputy on Saturday about me stealing own scrap iron. I even called office a hour ahead of time to let them know what they was going on. But you have 6 sisters and 2 senile parents in the mix adds excitement. So tomorrow after 10 phone calls and a few visits by sheriff we should have one load out 50 more to go. Sad thing they are spending more money than the scrap was ever worth. 

BAFEF006-0359-4249-955A-B93FE2AEF83F.jpeg

E328B288-B4E4-4B85-9F21-D7B8BF8A6906.jpeg

5F0AFF08-E981-4C50-A752-63F7FBFB0646.jpeg

2AEBEE85-60F8-4089-BE57-E546F872686A.jpeg

You know my saying "Nobody Screws you like family "

Seeing you and your brothers situation makes me realize that my Grandpa knew what he was doing when he had Dad buy everything out from him as soon as he retired. When both my Grandparents were gone last summer there was nothing farm related to fight over as my Grandparents no longer owned anything. That chafes my one aunt and her husband to no end. My Dad's 2 other siblings were no problem at all about how things were set up, but the one aunt and her husband are mad enough that they won't hardly speak to the rest of the family.

There is something to be said about having small families.

• Like 3

The sad thing is I am willing to split it 1/2 with my dad. About 80% of pile is stuff I bought or brought home after I fixed a tractor at farmers shop or is parts of our farm machinery. Guys loading figure about 100 a ton they can get so I should end up with 10 and dad should get 10 a ton. I have gotten pretty good at dealing with overzealous deputies the last year. I loaded this same pile area in 1987. Loaded neighbors truck because dad didn’t want to use his for scrap. It was 20 tons back then and Dad and neighbor were on a 3 day drunk driving 2 times 60 miles with all the small town bars.

I feel for ya. I've been down that road. No fun at all. Family can be very cruel......Good luck!

Have a sister that thinks everytime a relative dies she should get all the money. Put up with her crap with grandparents because I was power of attorney and administrator of estates. finally had enough of her and told her off. That didn't work so I gave her a court order to stay away from me. BEST DAY OF MY LIFE. Have done several estates since and things sure go better with out her.   Wish you could pick your relatives.   

• Like 2

Tell em to calm down or you'll donate the proceeds to the Trump reelection campaign. 😆  I'm not trying to start a political argument on your thread, I just remember you saying they were not a fan of Trump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Damn, if that iron could talk............the stories............... But Dale I feel for ya, hope you can find and end to this all. You deserve it. You have gone/are going through more than you deserve. I could not handle it as well as you are. 

• Like 2

if your like me you will be so happy to have cleaned it up, and immediately fill the space back up, oh well

family is bad, in law family are worse.  I was suppose to start a new shop this spring. As I was getting ready it comes up that the mother in law is moving away and the father in law wants my wife to have his place. Okay.  Let’s wait.  

The in laws all get together, and invite me.  I decline to participate as it is not my family, but am present after being requested.  They did not reach a conclusion  

I now have nothing nice to say 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Damn, if that iron could talk............the stories............... But Dale I feel for ya, hope you can find and end to this all. You deserve it. You have gone/are going through more than you deserve. I could not handle it as well as you are. 

Yes I recognized a few pieces. The states attorney here is mom and dads personal attorney. He got them out of many jams but at a huge cost. So any thing I do is automatically wrong. But we are weeks away from getting trust professional managed. Meaning a trust company will take almost all money available for fees . We used to work for his dad and brother. States attorney Dad and mom were very nice people but they raised 5 or 6 kids that are just morons. The farming brother killed a neighbor kid on a motorcycle driving drunk years ago. His dad told us once the only thing better than a crooked lawyer is when they are family. Any ways I have been pushing states attorney buttons hard. He sends at least a nonsense letter a week. I fixed lots of stuff for the attorneys parents one of first things that got loaded were 2 old brake boosters for a 50 something  s 160 I fixed brakes on about 20 years ago. I just chuckled going to tell sheriff I morning 18 lbs of scrap belong to attorney. Or I could just toss them through his window with a return note attached. Also have a 4320 jd engine core from same family in other building I could haul it into courthouse to return it.

23 minutes ago, AKwelder said:

if your like me you will be so happy to have cleaned it up, and immediately fill the space back up, oh well

family is bad, in law family are worse.  I was suppose to start a new shop this spring. As I was getting ready it comes up that the mother in law is moving away and the father in law wants my wife to have his place. Okay.  Let’s wait.  

The in laws all get together, and invite me.  I decline to participate as it is not my family, but am present after being requested.  They did not reach a conclusion  

I now have nothing nice to say 

I know about in-laws. Wife only has one brother. And when father in-law. Was passing away from cancer. He and mother in-law made some tough decisions. She should sell all lake related stuff and house on lake. They just rented lot but owned house on it. Mother in law wasn’t lake person by herself but with husband enjoyed it. Father in law passed away in about a month after looking good for a while. They made a lot of decisions when my wife flew down and got them back here so he could pass away at home. Brother in law didn’t participate in anything  and is mad at his moms decisions

3 minutes ago, dale560 said:

I just chuckled going to tell sheriff I morning 18 lbs of scrap belong to attorney. Or I could just toss them through his window with a return note attached. Also have a 4320 jd engine core from same family in other building I could haul it into courthouse to return it.

So tempting and no one would think less of you for doing it, I would be behind you all the way. From reading your posts you are taking the high road at a lot of cost to yourself. Hang in there it will be worth it in the end. 

right_wrong.thumb.JPG.4f6cee72a998870b85c3044b30258e4e.JPG

• Like 2

Twist of fate to this saga. Buddy calls about 11:30 he is just going home. Said someone hit a cow on hiway just south of our pastures. He said bunch are out on hiway. I knew by his color description they weren’t ours and just as he hung up sheriffs dispatcher called about cows. I told her my brother was already checking on it and I was on my way out. Asked who deputy was coming out. Then I laughed. Got out there got neighbors cows herded off road until deputy arrived. Told him we are going home brother has to leave for work in a couple hours and I need to spray early. I point blank told him next time you come out to the farm or call show me a little respect. Told him remember who is helping you here not my crazy sisters or parents. After a couple of stern words to him he knew what I was talking about. Dispatcher laughed I told her in the morning I will be calling early to start their day off right about the nancy drew mystery case of the stolen scrap iron when the sheriff gets to work let him know me and my brother are mighty warmed up. 

• Thanks 1

My cousin Mack accumulated a large pile of scrap over the years, so large that the City that had incorporated his house into the City limits decided he was running a junkyard with out a license and a Judge fined him $350 and officially ordered him to cease and dissent in the junkyard business.  Last time I saw him he was in the seat of an old HD 7 (?) crawler, the 4-71 Detroit blowing smoke, pushing scrap into a tighter pile. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Kid come and left with trailer. The other People I share some DNA with were out taking pictures. They immediately called sheriffs office. But I get up a lot earlier than they do. The 11:30 pm dispatcher got warned I was hot under the collar. Sheriffs deputy got a good talking to last night with the cows on the hiway. Nothing like a peed offed of middle aged fat guy to set someone straight in the middle of the night.  I came out to spray this morning at 5:45 so dispatch got a call at 6:30 for the sheriff not even to screw around call me immediately when he shows up. He got a polite talking to at 8 am and my brother got ahold of him yet and gave them an earful at 9. Now kids iate going to come back later for another load we start round 2.

21 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

You know my saying "Nobody Screws you like family "

Seeing you and your brothers situation makes me realize that my Grandpa knew what he was doing when he had Dad buy everything out from him as soon as he retired. When both my Grandparents were gone last summer there was nothing farm related to fight over as my Grandparents no longer owned anything. That chafes my one aunt and her husband to no end. My Dad's 2 other siblings were no problem at all about how things were set up, but the one aunt and her husband are mad enough that they won't hardly speak to the rest of the family.

My close friends did the same thing. 6 siblings but only one actually worked the farm and appreciated it. That boy bought the farm from parents long before they were gone. All but 50 acres. Each sibling left got 10 acres. When the day came that it got handed over you couldn't of pounded in a for sale sign any quicker. Now the one kid had to buy that as well only.this time brothers and sisters set the price not mom and dad. Needless to say he would up with it in the end. Like you said nobody screws you like family.  Lol

Just got back from clerk of courts office. Sister is trying to get restraining order. Sheriffs deputy came out and I talked to sheriff in clerks office. My lawyer and sheriff said keep loading. But states attorney came in madder than ****. Seems a remark about his private parts being stuck someplace I made an hour before to a drinking buddy of his got back to him.. I told him be nice we are in a public place

• Haha 3

On 7/7/2019 at 5:00 PM, Big Bud guy said:

There is something to be said about having small families.

About the only time that really helps is if it's an only child......then you have to pray they don't have a multi personality disorder.......

Rick

It can get so bad it is a real comedy.

When my Father in Law passed away years ago.  My Wife  his only daughter, and his house keeper, a woman who she had known since she was a small child got into a real argument over the portable toilet the FIL had made out of a packing crate built around a 5 gallon bucket topped with a cheap particle board toilet seat. I had to force my wife to give it to the old lady  and heard about it later.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, oldtanker said:

About the only time that really helps is if it's an only child......then you have to pray they don't have a multi personality disorder.......

Rick

I don’t make a statement like that without having examples or personal experience with our family/farm to back me up.  

58 minutes ago, Big Bud guy said:

I don’t make a statement like that without having examples or personal experience with our family/farm to back me up.  

I've see 2 siblings fight over an estate that wasn't worth that much.....to the point they haven't spoken to each other in at least 10 years. Bad part is because they are from the wife's family I know after the lawyers were paid each netted about 3500 dollars. I just sit back and watch.

My best friend and his brother are on the outs too. Just them no other siblings. One is convinced the other messed him over on inheritance. No evidence mind you. But they don't talk anymore either.

Tail end part was just making a smart a**ed comment.

Rick

Second load today. Only got called into sheriffs office 3 times today. Last time deputy was out they said states attorney was forced to recuse himself for anything with us. But I noticed tonite a JD radial hydraulic pump my buddy dropped off last week for me to look at is gone. It was there Saturday night and gone today the only unsupervised people were my sister and one of dads buddy who has long fingers. Going to look in morning than will have to bring security dvr back to review. Some odd stuff today a crankshaft out of a HD 18 or 21 something big allis crawler. Proof I am a Detroit expert. 124022A3-6742-4E15-8F5F-2668FD575722.thumb.jpeg.ae317777333d7ce5a71d7d26d7ded094.jpeg

5EFDA914-9930-48B5-AC83-9688BAF2C3D4.jpeg

FF86836A-B046-4C31-8C5A-59F0F7875271.jpeg

23E679CE-33A9-431D-9380-9E1CFB751F9E.jpeg