Reds in France!

François02

Some news...

august was a rainy month too... not so much but perhaps 5days of sun in the whole month!

we ended our harvest on september 1st!

here some pics of the oat harvest at the end of august! You will see it was green! the axial flow worded hard, and did a good job! only problem, a bearing of the chopper decided to left us!!!01.thumb.jpg.097907cebcbf47de5a051ebbc9953f5b.jpg

02.jpg

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

06.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, what a terrific thread i have missed until now. Thank you for sharing, your land looks as amazing as your equipment! Always in awe of such well maintained equipment. 

• 2 months later...
On 8/17/2019 at 8:36 PM, bitty said:

That's a Euro feature

Possibly to comform to European road registration rules. 

• 2 weeks later...

A few weeks ago I went in Alsace, a french region located next to Germany. This region was german during a long time. There is many castles on the top of mountains, the most known is "haut koenisbourg", whic was restaured a century ago by a german called "the kaiser". I invite you to read the history on the website (the explanations will be better than mines):

https://www.haut-koenigsbourg.fr/en/#

A few pics of the castle seen from the plain, and the view of the plain, from the castle! Mountains at the back of the pics are in Germany!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

• Like 2

In the previous topic, we talked about cars...

I have bought my 4th VW Golf GTI for summer 2020. It is a 2018 "Mk7.5", with a lot of options: 19" wheels "brescia", matrix led lights, alcantara interior, discover pro touchscreen, virtual cockpit, keyless, ...

My dream car is a Ford mustang but here in France the petrol is expensive (actually 1.65€/L = US$1.88/L = US$7.11/gal) and we have a lot of taxes if the car rejects too much CO2... for example a Ford mustang V8 here is 54,200€ (=US$62,000) but we have to pay 29,000€ (=US$33,000) in taxes... thanks to the ecologists... more of the half of the price of the car for additional taxes!!!

05.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

last week I have organized a school trip in the extreme east of France, in the region of Alsace (I have ever post some pics of this region)

My students really enjoyed the trip! (and me too, I love this region)

We saw:

A mirabelle plum orchard (1st pic)

The Kuhn plant in Saverne (where they made discs mower, tedders, rotary rakes, and power harrow, + others stuffs!) (2nd pic)

the European parliament (with deputies!) in Strabsourg (3rd and 4th pics)

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

• Like 4