Sign in to follow this  
bitty

Parts donation compatibility

We have a 1066 in the shop ( early one 18,496 serial number) and we need the driven PTO drive gear. We have a 3588 rear end we quit using 5+ years ago. Would the gears be the same? 

Can we swap the axles from the 3588 to the 1066 using new bearings? The axles are rusted bad on the 1066 and the wedge locks are moving. I think it is partly because of the axle being note smooth. 

IMG_20190704_142104198.jpg

IMG_20190704_142109804.jpg

IMG_20190704_142109804.jpg

IMG_20190704_142117910.jpg

I have no clue why it doubled up on the pictures

just look up part numbers. I have never seen axles rusty like that. Poor tractor must of been stores in a fertilizer shed or a manure pit.

I got 560 axle if you can make it work . Should posted earlier ,I would bought it to Bloomsburg for for you 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

I got 560 axle if you can make it work . Should posted earlier ,I would bought it to Bloomsburg for for you 

Did you sell a decent amount of parts there? I sold an okay amount . I took a whole bunch down there because you don't know what someone else needs and I brought a portion of it back. 

7 minutes ago, bitty said:

Did you sell a decent amount of parts there? I sold an okay amount . I took a whole bunch down there because you don't know what someone else needs and I brought a portion of it back. 

I hope so ,cause I could not come back and get anything , the truck and trailer made it. I just get to exhausted , took me three day to prepare, if had to come back ,no way 

• Like 1

I did well at the parts corral too- the heavy/higher cost stuff sold. the pickup bumper was about 4 or 5" higher when I hooked it up after the show than when I unhooked it with the stuff in the box.

• Like 1

what RPM tach is the 1066?  there are different gears for 2400 rpm and 2600 rpm.

It's the early serial number 18,496

PTO looks like 2400 on the dash

I have found out that the gear is different. I have not been able to get word on the axle swap possiblity yet 

The axles will swap. We swapped an axle from a 1066 hydro into the 3588 last year when the wheel bearing went out and didn't catch it in time.

• Thanks 1

We have the TA out for replacement. Parts ordered, will wash housing out just before reassembling it. I made a stand with the pipe bender to handle the housing

IMG_20190706_142934108.jpg

IMG_20190706_142957027_TOP.jpg

• Like 6

You aren't getting the pto driven gear with the new TA?

3 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

You aren't getting the pto driven gear with the new TA?

We ordered that gear first ...... and then we discussed what to do with the TA. It works some of the time, not all the time . So we are also putting a TA in it while we have it apart. We hopefully will swap the better axles from the 3588 later in the year if we get time to. It all depends if we get done frying bigger fish first or not

That's a handy pipe stand!

• Thanks 1