Sign in to follow this  
pt756

aftermarket steps?

hello, been looking at aftermarket steps the ones for ih seem to be about 10 inches wide and then I saw some on a john deere that were about 15 inches wide, are they narrower for the ih? and could you narrow the tractor up for 30 inch rows with the aftermarket steps on?

If set for 30 inch rows, you need to get the narrow version. They didn't have those narrow ones at first. Seen them, don't have any myself.

11 hours ago, 2 hot 2 farm 1256 said:

Here’s my steps we just put these on all of our tractors are set up for 30 inch rows. Our 1066 has 38 inch rubber and we just added a 4th step on it.

3AB708B1-79DF-4623-AE39-2FC194A9C567.jpeg

Not a step question but did IH have gold wheel weights for the gold demos or did they stay red? I just noticed the white weights and that made me think about that.

Nice tractor 

Will those work with a Year Around cab ?

Thanks

Rick

15 hours ago, 2 hot 2 farm 1256 said:

Here’s my steps we just put these on all of our tractors are set up for 30 inch rows. Our 1066 has 38 inch rubber and we just added a 4th step on it.

3AB708B1-79DF-4623-AE39-2FC194A9C567.jpeg

If you wouldn't mind I'd like the serial number of this 826? I'm doing a registry on them. Thanks and have a great day.

7 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

Not a step question but did IH have gold wheel weights for the gold demos or did they stay red? I just noticed the white weights and that made me think about that.

Nice tractor 

I have never seen a gold wheel weight.  Only ever red or white.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

Nice tractor 

The gold demos should have red or white weights. The only parts that were gold were the hoods and fenders.

2 minutes ago, FarmallFan said:

The gold demos should have red or white weights. The only parts that were gold were the hoods and fenders.

I think it would look sharp with gold weights. Political correctness be damned.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2 hot 2 farm 1256 said:

Yes they are 10 inches wide 

I dont know if they will fit on a year round cab because of the way they mount,we got those steps from K&M

OK thanks. At least I can check,

Rick

I use K&M on everything with 18.4x38 or larger and yes they accommodate 30 " settings , albeit tight but workable.

If your  row cropping  in a crop of any height then there is a problem

Tony

wonder why the john deeres are wider? they were as wide as the steps on our magnum. 

Anything is better than the stock ones.......as my nephew says about them, "Deathtraps"

• Like 1

I have both.  Like others have said if the ih one are used on 30" rows, 15 inch wide steps wouldn't work I'm pretty sure.  John Deere's steps mount a lot more forward on the tractor and aren't close to the tires.

IMG_0551.JPG

IMG_0509.JPG

404754728_Painted14561.JPG.c36dfd2a22e43043472f3420235beb8f.JPG

We had these 20.8's right in to run tomato rows years ago, and even the narrow ones would have been tight I would think especially in mud.  I moved the steps ahead and made a "landing" so to speak that goes back to the platform.  Probably way over built but as my brother says, you could lift the tractor up with them. I could widen out the rears now since all it does is grind feed, but it doesn't hurt anything so I leave it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

404754728_Painted14561.JPG.c36dfd2a22e43043472f3420235beb8f.JPG

We had these 20.8's right in to run tomato rows years ago, and even the narrow ones would have been tight I would think especially in mud.  I moved the steps ahead and made a "landing" so to speak that goes back to the platform.  Probably way over built but as my brother says, you could lift the tractor up with them. I could widen out the rears now since all it does is grind feed, but it doesn't hurt anything so I leave it.

Is that a narrow/ tricycle front or just really narrowed up front spacing?

I like 😎

1 minute ago, Ihfan4life said:

Is that a narrow/ tricycle front or just really narrowed up front spacing?

I like 😎

Narrow front.........the wide front on it was not factory and was all welded up, when it didn't have to run rows anymore, I took it off and sold it. 

• Thanks 1