• Like 1
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree: love my 23 degree’ers.        

Bong, loads 2 gal at a time, unscrew top, pour it in, close and pressurize to 10 psi.....burp when necessary.   8-10 gal per tire when filled just below stem.

I just put some Deestones on the loader.....they are copies of the old Good Year.....thought I'd try them out....

Posted Images

On 1/24/2020 at 7:08 PM, Ruby Red said:

Converting our Cadets over to BKT  AG  tread as the old turfs are wearing out, have more tread bars then some other brands good plow tires, and work well on turf too.

We keep  26 x 12 - 12              23 x 10.50 - 12                 23 x 8.50 - 12

We prefer the 5 rib steers, better flotation and good looking

BKT  16 x 6.50 - 8                18 x 8.50 - 8

IMG_0371.JPG

How do the BKT's compare to Firestone 23'?  Nice selection of tires!!

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 3:37 PM, Mountain Heritage said:

How do the BKT's compare to Firestone 23'?  Nice selection of tires!!

Have never compared the BKT  to any other brands, finding BKT in the right price range, and prefer the more lugs compared to the 23 firestone, our tire dealer handles all brands and is also the Canadian Dealer for Miller Tire.                   (Huron tire, Clinton, Ontario)  Lorne Koch

Carl                                                                                  

20 hours ago, Ruby Red said:

Have never compared the BKT  to any other brands, finding BKT in the right price range, and prefer the more lugs compared to the 23 firestone, our tire dealer handles all brands and is also the Canadian Dealer for Miller Tire.                   (Huron tire, Clinton, Ontario)  Lorne Koch

Carl                                                                                  

Yep - Dealt with Lorne for my chains and front tires from Miller. He is a great guy to deal with. He suggested the BKT tires when I called to price out 23’ for the 782. May still get the BKT’s then I can compare them to the 23’ NOS I found for my 982. 

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if this is legit?WalMart.

wp_ss_20200312_0001.png

I just looked them up and saw same thing.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, exSW said:

Anyone know if this is legit?WalMart.

wp_ss_20200312_0001.png

I have not seen good reviews on Deestones- people say they are bigger than the size stamped on the sidewall.   I wouldn’t be lured in by the price.  

Just bought a set for my loader. Stand same height as Tru Powers, shorter than Carlisles.

Pull well, seem tough enough.....I'm not scared of them. 

17 minutes ago, drglinski said:

I have not seen good reviews on Deestones- people say they are bigger than the size stamped on the sidewall.   I wouldn’t be lured in by the price.  

This price is significantly less than I've seen them anywhere else. Anyone have experience buying tires from Wally World?

How bad can you screw up an imported tire........

• Haha 2

For $140/pair it's all ahead full in my book!

• Like 1
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 11:08 PM, Mr. Plow said:

For $140/pair it's all ahead full in my book!

Mine too. Ordered them today. Pickup Monday. We'll see. I had a set of the Goodyears they're patterned after but I pitched them due to dry rot. 

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 5:33 PM, exSW said:

Mine too. Ordered them today. Pickup Monday. We'll see. I had a set of the Goodyears they're patterned after but I pitched them due to dry rot. 

Well it's for real. Just picked them up at my local Walmart. No problem,except it took them 45 minutes to find them.

WP_20200318_16_47_18_Moment.jpg

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, they do have some meat to them eh? Bet you can't wait to try them out now!

37 minutes ago, Mountain Heritage said:

Wow, they do have some meat to them eh? Bet you can't wait to try them out now!

It's together and running. Just nut and bolting it now. Rototiller first.

15 hours ago, exSW said:

It's together and running. Just nut and bolting it now. Rototiller first.

Sweet!  Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say. These Deestone  tires dig. Had the tiller all the way in pulling a slight slope and and the Mag 18 was grunting. As to size they just fit with 8.5 rims. Also the Super Steer front with the tiller is slick!WP_20200404_14_56_52_Pro.thumb.jpg.ca4955ee7a5dcc44df790748ed2bc33a.jpg

• Like 1
On 4/7/2020 at 11:31 AM, exSW said:

I have to say. These Deestone  tires dig. Had the tiller all the way in pulling a slight slope and and the Mag 18 was grunting. As to size they just fit with 8.5 rims. Also the Super Steer front with the tiller is slick!WP_20200404_14_56_52_Pro.thumb.jpg.ca4955ee7a5dcc44df790748ed2bc33a.jpg

With your butt on the seat, it would dig with slicks on it....

• Haha 1
55 minutes ago, MTO said:

With your butt on the seat, it would dig with slicks on it....

The whole worlds fat compared to the world's palest Ethiopian.

Hello all.  I have a 682 and want to change the original 23x10.50-12 turf tires to a bar tire.  I see others that run a 26x12-12 size and wondered if you had to change the rim and how the cut was effected with a taller tire.

1 hour ago, clarkw said:

Hello all.  I have a 682 and want to change the original 23x10.50-12 turf tires to a bar tire.  I see others that run a 26x12-12 size and wondered if you had to change the rim and how the cut was effected with a taller tire.

I have to find longer deck hangers for mine. But I also put a super steer front axle in mine which raised the whole tractor about 2". If it hadn't been for that I don't think I'd have messed with 26's. I kept the 8.5" rim and have got by so far. But I'd use 10" ones if I had them.