Back tires

exSW

Used it some last weekend to do some tile work in neighbors yard, but no pics. Too busy driving grain truck this week!

20191023_180228.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well thats not too bad of a job tto be doing this week Steve!  Fall isnt over yet so i'm sure you will have lots of time for action shots?

I’ve  used Carlisle super lug, and multi trac , both were good depending conditions 

• 2 weeks later...

Pulled the new tires today, using the box scraper......man do they bite and dig!  Leveled off some water line trenches at the farm and spread some gravel behind the new shed.  Ran out of white rock, so blended in some asphalt millings (black "gravel").

20191109_143551.jpg

20191109_143544.jpg

20191109_163558.jpg

Look'n good!!

Steve - Nice SHOP!  How big of an area is air conditioned?  I've been SO tempted to pull the back window out of my shop and install a window unit air conditioner.  Since I insulated the shop if I keep the big door closed it stays cool enough in summer and I can heat it in winter.  If I keep the big door open a few minutes too long I head for the house.

Dad built a 60x40, whole thing between the house and barn.  whole thing is concrete and insulated, heater and AC.....stays very nice in there and with 3" of foam on the walls and ceiling it is sealed up tight.  Have bathroom roughed in and water in shop, but no fixtures installed yet....winter project!  Heat/AC was a used unit from one of the Chicago land Cub cadet collectors, pulled it out of his house when he went geo.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, exSW said:

Anyone ever put rimguard in the back tires of a Garden tractor? Since weights are hard to find and expensive.

Not Rimguard, but I have Windshield washer fluid in 2 GT's rears.

26 minutes ago, exSW said:

Tubes I'd imagine. I have zero experience within the new fluids . Just calcium

Yikes calcium!  Boy that’s a good thing to see leave!!!!  Poor rims

9 hours ago, Mr. Plow said:

I use washer fluid....in tubes, 80# per tire on 26x12 tires.  Load them with a home made "tire bong"....

Since the Ag tire shop will sell and mount the wt-300's for $98.00 a side I thought about getting rim guard added.

Bong, loads 2 gal at a time, unscrew top, pour it in, close and pressurize to 10 psi.....burp when necessary.   8-10 gal per tire when filled just below stem.

20190914_091359.jpg

20190914_091411.jpg

20190914_091407.jpg

On 11/23/2019 at 11:27 PM, Mr. Plow said:

Bong, loads 2 gal at a time, unscrew top, pour it in, close and pressurize to 10 psi.....burp when necessary.   8-10 gal per tire when filled just below stem.

20190914_091359.jpg

20190914_091411.jpg

20190914_091407.jpg

Did you watch Cheech and Chong as a youngster?:lol:

Good idea!

Wyatt Compton built the first one,  about 1/2 that size.  I copied his and made a few improvements along the way.

I once fluid filled the tires on a van made entirely of marijuana,  but it caught fire and went up in smoke before I could take a pic!!!!! ??

17 minutes ago, Mr. Plow said:

Wyatt Compton built the first one,  about 1/2 that size.  I copied his and made a few improvements along the way.

I once fluid filled the tires on a van made entirely of marijuana,  but it caught fire and went up in smoke before I could take a pic!!!!! ??

Wyatt tried his Bong out in my shop. He had some WWF and I had just flushed the cooling system on my pickup, had 8 gallons of used antifreeze, so we filled two sets of tires.  Your's is WAY bigger.  But they load fluid in a real hurry!

• 4 weeks later...

Got a better shot of Stones the other day on the 982

AD19C0B4-3230-4BB3-A66E-F8F99CAE2CFF.jpeg

671DCC31-7EEA-44BD-8665-7272EE7C79D2.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Converting our Cadets over to BKT  AG  tread as the old turfs are wearing out, have more tread bars then some other brands good plow tires, and work well on turf too.

We keep  26 x 12 - 12              23 x 10.50 - 12                 23 x 8.50 - 12

We prefer the 5 rib steers, better flotation and good looking

BKT  16 x 6.50 - 8                18 x 8.50 - 8

IMG_0371.JPG

Spares for the 1816 skid steer   5.00 x 15  About the only thing available traction tire for a unit like this.

New Carlisle  6 x 12  original style tread for the old original cadets

IMG_0373.JPG

Plus an assortment of hard rubber and pneumatic for projects

IMG_0374.JPG

Archived