Sign in to follow this  
Pete1468

How about vacation pics from before or after rpru

We're at Gettysburg pa for a day or so and then down to DC.  Tomh from the forum was nice enough to let me park the semi at his house while we do touristy things.

KIMG0268.JPG

KIMG0265.JPG

• Like 5

There’s a lot to see on that state .the area around Oley is my favorite .

We spent a whole weekend at Gettysburg with some friends and our kids about a month ago.  SOOOO much to see and take in there.  We went up in the Longstreet and Culp's hill observation tower's for a good view of the battlefield.  I thought between the Longstreet tower and little round top the view's are spectacular.

The pic I took from little round top is to big to load.

Couldn’t make it to RPRU but was able to take a day trip to the STL zoo for the little guy. He fell asleep on the way home reading his favorite book. (It’s the 2019 ERTL CaseIH toy catalog)

DBC1143A-6D5E-4C98-A0B1-6FC40B846946.jpeg

My favortite was the penguins (since it was 92° outside and about 65° in there 😊

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Pete1468 said:

We're at Gettysburg pa for a day or so and then down to DC.  Tomh from the forum was nice enough to let me park the semi at his house while we do touristy things.

KIMG0268.JPG

KIMG0265.JPG

Yeah  yeah  YEAH!

I drove over 4 hours JUST to say Happy Birthday to the young man, which I might ad was REQUESTED by you, only to find he wasn`t THERE!!

You burnt that bridge Pete!

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, MTO said:

Yeah  yeah  YEAH!

I drove over 4 hours JUST to say Happy Birthday to the young man, which I might ad was REQUESTED by you, only to find he wasn`t THERE!!

You burnt that bridge Pete!

He was there Saturday and Wednesday.  After I meet you he needs a couple more years of smart allec training to be around you to keep up.  Besides you could go to Gettysburg to harrass us.

• Haha 3

Stopped at dealership not too far from Eason in Elizabeth City.  Boys sure got a lot of IH loot between RPRU on Thursday and B&S Case IH on Friday.

7CE57571-DBF3-44AC-B22B-398925A12657.jpeg

6F980844-CF12-4072-B8A5-F707EF6FE0E3.jpeg

54F2DC0A-AC0C-4260-8ABE-A77B1A9A2642.jpeg

FFE07AEE-FF7E-4B4F-A645-E249E1411877.jpeg

• Like 2

Did Gettysburg a couple years ago and DC a few months ago. Both great places with a lot to see. I would recommend the air and space annex in Arlington VA, not as crowded and free tours that are really informative that my 9 year old enjoyed. The NSA museum is really neat also and out of the way, they have an actual enigma machine there that you can type on. Have fun Pete and family!

4 hours ago, Pete1468 said:

He was there Saturday and Wednesday.  

I stopped Bitty and the barrel train for a minute saturday, and Tim pointed Grayson out as "famous". I wished him happy belated birthday. by then, Grayson didn't look impressed....

• Haha 2

He was asking why 4 people wished him happy birthday.

8 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Couldn’t make it to RPRU but was able to take a day trip to the STL zoo for the little guy. He fell asleep on the way home reading his favorite book. (It’s the 2019 ERTL CaseIH toy catalog)

DBC1143A-6D5E-4C98-A0B1-6FC40B846946.jpeg

My favortite was the penguins (since it was 92° outside and about 65° in there 😊

And you didn't stop in and say hi!

6 hours ago, Alan Dinan said:

6 hours ago, Alan Dinan said:

There was a group of us. Other, smaller children.  Wouldn’t have worked out on this one. 

I also couldn’t make RPRU but took a trip to St Ignace and the upper peninsula of Michigan.  4E1E5F89-1BD3-4487-A703-434998D84ABD.thumb.jpeg.6b853b97d351c006af7b22d4e9866b63.jpeg

8F286738-85AC-4171-96F4-C68F91703411.thumb.jpeg.06aebe6c53e8c2d5aada141b69617c70.jpeg

C803F6C0-5DE6-4727-993A-8A16F74B856C.thumb.jpeg.25bc637c259fa50a659c2d21f7dfd40b.jpeg

546B6336-AE80-40AC-AA26-A3847A93A78A.thumb.jpeg.9fc062cf672dfc2e12abd43ad016b657.jpeg

2DD6D525-CCE9-406A-BAA8-85B35C631DBA.thumb.jpeg.d1f9b22e1fa342eb859b10dd103ea1c9.jpeg

9D589DC6-261D-4FAA-B4C3-50F754D1E7B6.thumb.jpeg.7fab439691a0ce8538f839f33e28fbe1.jpeg

weather was amazing.  Mid 70s, low humidity, nice breeze each day, 50s at night.   Saw both of the Edmund Fitzgerald lifeboats as well.  

2BFA8818-B325-4453-8C01-9B1B35BA5232.thumb.jpeg.6e9884b8456351b2bcca027268500438.jpeg

7911F1E0-04B6-4C0B-A172-4655A7BF0027.jpeg

• Like 3

Headed for niagra fals on Saturday. Turned out to be not such a nice trip. Navigation took us down a road with a 12 foot bridge and had to turn around and back track about 20 mile through a community in New York where we ran a stop light and got chewed out by a citizen that had a little road rage going on. Police got him calmed down then ticketed me. Was definitely at trap for out of staters but I just smiled and bit my tongue. Moving on got to the border and we got the ultimate security complain. She asked everything but where I pooped last. She wanted to know if I had a concealed carry and I said yes then she proceeded to want to know where my gun was. Well I never travel with it ang it was locked in the safe at home but that wasn't good enough for her. Then she wanted to know why we had pass ports, well duh!!!  Finally got to the campground which is very nice but packed to the brim. I was beat mentally so we unhooked and went to bed. The falls are ok but the people!  That place is truly a trap. Mostly orientals and Iranians. Very few whites. Not good pics but here is what I got: oh well photos are on smoker 2 camera. You aren't missing much as they were all taken through a buggy windshield. Going on boat ride at the falls tomorrow. Will get some then. 

Jerry

• Like 2

Jerry sorry for your frustrations on a trip that should be relaxing instead. Hopefully it turns out better on your venture home 

Jerry I t stopped at the Detroit border for an hour also.  I had an empty car trailer and pickup.  They searched it all and questioned us for a while.

Last trip above the line, they told wife/dog and I to sit inside.

We watched 2 canucks open EVERYTHING in our car, scatter contents around then walked past us and said "You can go now"

Took us 45 minutes to repack. 

Yeah, welcome to Canada, eh?

We're down in DC and it's more people in one area then I like but I'll suffer through it.

KIMG0273.JPG

• Like 2

Worst thing about DC is its hard to get ahold of any food there if you are on foot.........we put a hurting on grub hub!  Only place I ever seen a McDonalds food truck too.

6 hours ago, SMOKER 1 said:

Headed for niagra fals on Saturday. Turned out to be not such a nice trip. Navigation took us down a road with a 12 foot bridge and had to turn around and back track about 20 mile through a community in New York where we ran a stop light and got chewed out by a citizen that had a little road rage going on. Police got him calmed down then ticketed me. Was definitely at trap for out of staters but I just smiled and bit my tongue. Moving on got to the border and we got the ultimate security complain. She asked everything but where I pooped last. She wanted to know if I had a concealed carry and I said yes then she proceeded to want to know where my gun was. Well I never travel with it ang it was locked in the safe at home but that wasn't good enough for her. Then she wanted to know why we had pass ports, well duh!!!  Finally got to the campground which is very nice but packed to the brim. I was beat mentally so we unhooked and went to bed. The falls are ok but the people!  That place is truly a trap. Mostly orientals and Iranians. Very few whites. Not good pics but here is what I got: oh well photos are on smoker 2 camera. You aren't missing much as they were all taken through a buggy windshield. Going on boat ride at the falls tomorrow. Will get some then. 

Jerry

GO UP IN THE SPACE NEEDLE AND EAT DINNER..PS BRING 200 BUCKS THATS WHAT IT COSTS TO EAT AT THE TOP.

Here's the last one from Gettysburg, we ate at the blue grey cafe, very good food.

KIMG0270.JPG

Hey that looks familiar!

Glad you enjoyed the blue & grey, it’s a good place!

At Arlington this morning, very nice, hot also.

KIMG0278.JPG

• Like 2