I pull the intake manifold off my TD-14 about once a year to free up the butterfly shafts.  I can't remove the valves because the screws are set & I'll strip them if I put any more torque on them.  I shoot penetrating oil on all places that the shafts exit the manifold & work them until they are reasonably free.  I don't have any luck lubricating them with the manifold installed on the motor.  Any thoughts or ideas on a fix would be appreciated.

Vic

Vic, On my 14 A,  the butterfly valves were stuck tight. I heated the small screws with a small oxy torch and got them out. I cleaned the shafts up and ran a bore brush thru the shaft housing. Reassembled with some Neversieze and its been working since. Some times i need to reach behind the manifold and pull up on the V flipper till it clicks, but then its good to go.  I don't start and use the tractors often enough to keep things free and loose, so  a little  TLC at start up is sometime needed. Jim. 

I thought of heating the screws.  I'll try it.  I would like to free up the valves like my -14A.  I pull the V flipper up every time I switch to gas.  Both tractors are used only in winter to plow snow but I start them, and every other engine I have once a month all year so that helps a bit.  By the way, is the V flipper keyed on the shaft or do I have to figure out where to put it when reassembling it so the valves will operate correctly?

Vic

Vic, It is held on with a notched bolt from the bottom of the flipper casting. One position only. Jim.