Sign in to follow this  
Bobbe

1970 1300d 4x4 clutch

Hello!

I live in Norway an own an old firefighter 1300d.

I've lately experienced some clutch problems on my ih. When I press my clutch pedal down, my clutch won't release properly and the gear seems to be engaged. After some time(if I'm lucky) the gear releases from the crankshaft.

My question is(I know that my clutch is worn) are there any grease spots/some thing I need to lubricate?

Best wishes

Bård

The American version of a 1300D probably had a grease zerk fitting to lubricate the release bearing sliding surface.  It would be accessed by removing the inspection cover from the bottom of the bell housing.  Normally a clutch plate that does not release is due to mis-adjusted linkage or worn out release levers on the pressure plate. also possibly a seized idler bushing in the center of the crankshaft.  I am assuming you have a manual clutch like American 1300D.  If you have a hydraulic release clutch, could also and most likely be a hydraulic issue with the master cylinder, slave cylinder,  or low in fluid or air in the system.  Only thing I know about Norway, is the singer SISSEL, best voice I have ever heard!

Good luck with your 1300D. 

Clutch needs adjustment, too much freeplay/lost motion.

1 hour ago, oleman said:

The American version of a 1300D probably had a grease zerk fitting to lubricate the release bearing sliding surface.  It would be accessed by removing the inspection cover from the bottom of the bell housing.  Normally a clutch plate that does not release is due to mis-adjusted linkage or worn out release levers on the pressure plate. also possibly a seized idler bushing in the center of the crankshaft.  I am assuming you have a manual clutch like American 1300D.  If you have a hydraulic release clutch, could also and most likely be a hydraulic issue with the master cylinder, slave cylinder,  or low in fluid or air in the system.  Only thing I know about Norway, is the singer SISSEL, best voice I have ever heard!

Good luck with your 1300D. 

Thanks.

Will look for inspection cover.
Sissel has a great voice. I've actually played with her once or twice long time ago(1989)!

Best wishes

Bobbe