Farmall pete

rpru thoughts

Went today, never been before.

1. Very impressed with the vendors buildings. Everything you could ever want red related.

2. Not as much diversity of tractors as I would of liked. Didn't see any big old traction engines, moguls, titans, 8-16's.

3. Lots of letter series, '06's and of course 60 series, since they were featured.

4. Lots of Cub Cadet stuff.

5. Not many later tractors; 56's, 66's, no 2+2's.

6. Very few implements.

7. Very few original tractors. Like to see them!

8. Thought it would be larger. Smaller because it's in the east this year?

9. It was HOT!

10. What's with the food vendors? It looked like a carnival midway. I enjoy eating at the local places.

All in all enjoyed seeing all the red power fans, and meeting people and vendors I had done mail order business with. Great people and kindred spirits.

• Like 1

Also a first time round upper. I couldn't be happier.

I found a salvage original toolbox for my regular C, and I grabbed business cards from a bunch of vendors with parts I thought I'd struggle to find, which I'll need later on in this and other projects.

I was also a little surprised at all the Cub Cadet stuff. Not my cup of tea, but they're kinda cool too, and their presence makes for a bigger show, which benefits us all, regardless of our interests. Plus, it's technically still red -even though it's yellow.

I was also surprised there weren't any old Moguls etc, or parts vendors for stationary engines. I guess those guys go to the all-engine shows.

No big green Steigers... 😫

There were a lot of people. I don't know how it compares to previous roundups, but I saw a LOT of people, of all ages. Pleasantly surprised at how many visitors I saw.

I was surprised to see two fully clothed and immaculately restored orchard machines. I've never seen two in the same place at once before.

I got to meet some authors from Octane Press today and personally thank Lee Klancher for writing my favorite tractor book, and put in my two cents for a suggestion for the next one (Orchards).

I will say that at 3:30 PM today (Thursday), equipment was still coming in to the fairgrounds. Veterans say -and I believe- tomorrow will be the best day for seeing tractors.

I am here with my grandpa and we had to call it a day around 3:30 without seeing the dealership, meeting up with you all, or attending any of the lectures. It's unfortunate, but I'm super glad Grandpa came with me and the trade-off is a win.

I'm pretty certain I'll be in SD next year. Already looking forward to it. Do we know what the feature is? Can we talk them into featuring Steigers??

But there was a 4366 there so technically there was a Steiger built tractor there

• Like 3

Was it me or when it was at Bloom the first time it seemed alot bigger?  

I was thinking the same thing, but that was my first round up and I was in awe that year.

I had a great time, and will be back tomorrow. It was great to have the forum meet up to meet in person. I was disappointed that I couldn't find any shirts with Cub Cadets on them, but I did come home with a couple others.

It is a great show and chapter 17 should be proud of the job they did in pulling it off!

16 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

I think it is definitely going to be less attendance and slightly less tractors here because of the good weather. I know multiple people who wouldn't normally miss it for any reason but it's the first good weather stretch they need to make crops. Guys I know in southeast pa have no corn planted at all because of the awful weather

• Like 1

for big old stuff rough and tumble (about an hour south)was last week and several apps said this week also...?

We went today and enjoyed it greatly.  Bought a few needed parts and toys for the grandchildren. It was hot , and if I was a full time Farmer I would have been tempted to stay home and make hay or plant. Thank you to the organizers and Vendors ! We really liked the chance to meet and have time to talk to the Vendors we read about monthly in the "Red Power Magazine". Thank you for an enjoyable time out from my daily duties !

Also impressed with vendor buildings - it was nice to have the A/C for the wife and boys.

Got a 1/16 wide front 544 from vendor from WI - customized it by taking wide front off of hydro version.  Very happy that I have the toy model to go with the real thing.  I also thought prices on items that I looked at were reasonable.

Wife enjoyed the variety of vendors and purchased a metal Indian corn stalk...so there is something for everyone

Boys enjoyed seeing Tractor Mac and of course all of the toys (& free candy at the Chapter tables).

We had to hit the road before lunch and we saw several tractors on their way to the show.  I could have spent a few more hours but enjoyed my time there.  

Don’t know of too many facilities that I have been to that could host an event of this size.  Know this was discussed about a year ago but only Canfield OH comes to mind.

Agree with Bitty - I’m sure the much needed sunshine kept a few people from attending.

Had a good time and hope to attend another RPRU again.  Thank you to all that make it happen.

2E727D51-9BC7-46C0-B2AB-01966066C8ED.jpeg

F77CE32F-90F3-4550-8835-42CE26FC43E3.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KWRB said:

Also a first time round upper. I couldn't be happier.

I found a salvage original toolbox for my regular C, and I grabbed business cards from a bunch of vendors with parts I thought I'd struggle to find, which I'll need later on in this and other projects.

I was also a little surprised at all the Cub Cadet stuff. Not my cup of tea, but they're kinda cool too, and their presence makes for a bigger show, which benefits us all, regardless of our interests. Plus, it's technically still red -even though it's yellow.

I was also surprised there weren't any old Moguls etc, or parts vendors for stationary engines. I guess those guys go to the all-engine shows.

No big green Steigers... 😫

There were a lot of people. I don't know how it compares to previous roundups, but I saw a LOT of people, of all ages. Pleasantly surprised at how many visitors I saw.

I was surprised to see two fully clothed and immaculately restored orchard machines. I've never seen two in the same place at once before.

I got to meet some authors from Octane Press today and personally thank Lee Klancher for writing my favorite tractor book, and put in my two cents for a suggestion for the next one (Orchards).

I will say that at 3:30 PM today (Thursday), equipment was still coming in to the fairgrounds. Veterans say -and I believe- tomorrow will be the best day for seeing tractors.

I am here with my grandpa and we had to call it a day around 3:30 without seeing the dealership, meeting up with you all, or attending any of the lectures. It's unfortunate, but I'm super glad Grandpa came with me and the trade-off is a win.

I'm pretty certain I'll be in SD next year. Already looking forward to it. Do we know what the feature is? Can we talk them into featuring Steigers??

The feature in SD will be the Nine Decades of IH building. It will be chuck full of interactive displays. Just as many implements as tractors I hope. The 2+2 is one of the stories that I want to tell. I'm not sure about where the Steigers fit in. Maybe you can help me with that.

• Like 2

I've been to every roundup except for one and this is my 3rd time at Bloomsburg. With that said, I think this is a great show. Every show has its own signature and this show is no different than any other in that respect. I don't like to compare one show to another. These shows each have their own personality and I love them all. Only change I would make is me. I wish I could get around today as I did 30 years ago☹️  

Jerry

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

This is my first RPRU 

I made it there at 5... I was hoping to get there by three but it took an hour to get through customs at the border, and then it took me an hour to find the fairgrounds because my GPS didn’t seem to know where it was! 

I went and walked around for a couple of hours I got to meet Pete1468, Mike Links 88seriesrestorer, Smoker1 and 2.

I will be heading back there today and looking forward to seeing the rest of the show and meeting as many of you as possible!

1 hour ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

This is my first RPRU 

I made it there at 5... I was hoping to get there by three but it took an hour to get through customs at the border, and then it took me an hour to find the fairgrounds because my GPS didn’t seem to know where it was! 

I went and walked around for a couple of hours I got to meet Pete1468, Mike Links 88seriesrestorer, Smoker1 and 2.

I will be heading back there today and looking forward to seeing the rest of the show and meeting as many of you as possible!

Probably could have gotten through customs a little faster if they hadn't realized that you knew hot plug ..... :)

• Haha 5

One thing I didn't mention: TONS of volunteers! I was impressed with that too. Are these folks all affiliated with the chapter? Stuff like this can't be pulled off without PEOPLE and there were plenty.

Everybody with a staff shirt with the 17 on the back was a member or close affiliate 

I just got home about 1-1/2 hours ago (fed the dogs then fed me!) and I can say that I was impressed. Talked to people from Nebraska, Louisiana and Canada among other places, and met some of the forum guys - would have stayed longer but needed to get home. LOTS of letter series tractors which are my favorite. Took a bunch of pictures, will download them tomorrow and may post some.

Well done show,  sending thanks to bitty and his crew.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dave Downs said:

Sending thanks to bitty and his crew.

Thanks so much for for the people attending the show. That's what makes it an enjoyment

• Like 3

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 8:37 PM, TP from Central PA said:

It was bigger the previous two times.   There were more outside vendors that wrapped around the buildings with the chapter exhibits and more tractors on display.  Noticing the last 4 or 5   years the show has been less.  I know a lot of older guys who have passed away that would bring stuff or come to the shows.  Not many generation x's that grew up on farms to replace the  previous generations of farmers.  It will be interesting 10 years from now if the Roundup will still be able to be a stand alone show

It was great show!  Thanks for all the work into putting it on Chapter 17!

• Thanks 1

I was surprised no 88 series there. Was there even an 86 series?  But it was a good show. We enjoyed it.

2 hours ago, ih88 said:

I was surprised no 88 series there. Was there even an 86 series?  But it was a good show. We enjoyed it.

there was a 5x88 out in the back parking lot, hooked to a batwing mower....

Just now, ny bill o said:

there was a 5x88 out in the back parking lot, hooked to a batwing mower....

I stopped and watched him mow on Thursday.  Not sure who's it was?  Fairgrounds?  

1 hour ago, TP from Central PA said:

I stopped and watched him mow on Thursday.  Not sure who's it was?  Fairgrounds?  

that would be my guess- just a guess.

23 minutes ago, ny bill o said:

that would be my guess- just a guess.

They got our old R model Mack tanker truck..................The guys setup a canopy over by it, not sure what kept them from crying, it was pretty dirty.

5 hours ago, ih88 said:

There was a 1086 with MFWD at the show.

789943E5-1CB9-4354-A843-F300CF747B23.jpeg

• Like 2

I've loved every Round Up, each is different, and always see something I've never seen before.  MN and SD had BIG equipment, MO was filled with Super 70s, AL had cotton equipment.  Round Ups are like a box of chocolates..........., LOL.  BK

• Like 4