IH fender mount radios

bradm

I have a couple of the old fender mounted radios that were are the older IH's and Cub Cadet's. My question is has anyone found a replacement radio and speakerthat will fit within the housing? 

I would really like to install them on my 706 and 806, but would like them to work. 

Any help or guidance is appreciated 

Used to be you could buy a 2-knob radio just about anywhere for little to nothing. $29.99 at Radio shack got you a basic AM/FM radio with built in speaker which you could extract and relocate. Now you can hardly find one and if you do it's a high priced specialty radio meant to look original in a high-dollar classic car restoration. 

Triple R Tractors has them advertised on the website. 

TRT# tractor radio 2 shaft
I'm having these radios custom made for the 86 88 series tractors or anywhere a 2 shaft radio is needed.   These are digital radios.  But look old when off. Will need to trim the white fiberglass shell opening slightly but no big deal.  Some wiring will be required.  Radio does NOT come with  the plastic mount shown in the picture.  Picture used to show how it looks mounted. price is for radio only. If you need plastic its listed in the interior section part# 118376C1.  if you click on picture to get a closer look. 1086 1486 5088 5288 etc.
s246352302835962487_p320_i2_w320.jpeg

Where there’s a will there’s a way.

if you want to stay vintage looking there are plenty of available radios in car junk yards .  

If you want to have modern conveniences you will need one of these to help out. 

04B96FAE-AFA2-4A3C-BAB2-3A55D404BC71.jpeg.5b66db74506f67d082e4e06b2a296e8a.jpeg

Archived