Sign in to follow this  
Farmall Doctor

Looking for electrical connectors. Part number?

Can anybody find a part number or source for 3 terminal spade type connectors? Typically found on fender wiring harnesses? The old IH parts guy could find them somehow, but he is retired. 2 different styles are shown. I don't care what style, as long as both mating M-F halves are available.

IMG_20190614_1605143.jpg

Unless your intent on keeping it original, throw those in the jing weeds and put some weather packs on it.................

Connector Set, 3 Way Weather-Pack

6 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Unless your intent on keeping it original, throw those in the jing weeds and put some weather packs on it.................

Connector Set, 3 Way Weather-Pack

Those weatherpacks work ok, but are terribly expensive

2 minutes ago, Glen Fynaardt said:

left to right---266515C1-----266516C1------225287C1

Thanks! May I ask where you found the numbers?

Just bought the weatherpak connectors at RayMac. Came as housing and plug in pigtails not that expensive. Will look for bill tonight. Come on Stan wasn’t that good. LOL. 

John

TMP-2 Parts merchandizer catalog has the numbers also Many of the IH truck parts catalogs have the chart I happened to use the Loadstar 1600-1890 book today but the  later S- series  like the1724 thru the 1954 has the chart also, usually the first page in the electrical section.

https://www.waytekwire.com/products?pSearch=56&sc=19

Interestingly, even in the Delphi Global Connection catalog I got those P56 connections are hard to find.     FYI- WeatherPack are one of the cheapest connectors out there IF you get them from a supplier like Waytekwire.  Buy them in "kit" form online and the price is ridiculously inflated.

Actual Delphi p/ns  for BLACK  (not clear) connectors:  Left - 2984678 ,  Middle - 2984378.   The right one I don't have the p/n for in my list, I could get it if needed. 

There are at least 4 different "designs" for 3 pin P56 plugs, the 2 shown, one with one terminal laid flat and one upright on both sides, and then one that looks roughly Y shaped.  

I priced them from C-IH... 266515C1- $13.79 .. in Indianapolis.  266515C1- $13.79... in somewhere I didn't recognize...buggers!!

They are called Packard connectors Dell City has them also on line the 3 terminal male  in a one package is about 62 cents  The Terminal Man in Pittsville Wisc sells them very reasonable also. 715 884 3086

Yep--Packard 56.    Thats the kind of markup that just kills me....$0.62 to $13.79.....

4 hours ago, Farmall Doctor said:

Those weatherpacks work ok, but are terribly expensive

Cheaper in the long run when those factory ones corrode 3 times over................

I have an old connector catalog printed in 1991. (CP-646 C)   It was in a box at an auction. Deere parts catalogs for a 4440 also show these and many other connector options. Pages 40-150 thru 40-156.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 8:31 PM, TP from Central PA said:

Cheaper in the long run when those factory ones corrode 3 times over................

X2

Sealed connections I have never had problems with unless you count the one that got smashed by a branch under the wheel loader. The other style I don't even bother to try and unhook when splitting a tractor I undo the harness instead 

On 6/14/2019 at 6:02 PM, Red Tech said:

I get them from Del City wire.  delcity.net

This is where I bought mine. Good prices. Easy to order. Fast shipping at a reasonable rate.