Bought this 826 from my neighbor It was his main tractor. SN#2510148U016485 It had been sitting outside for 10-15+ years. Gentleman quit farming and parked tractor outside and let it sit. Originally had bucket over exhaust but it developed a hole in it allowing water and dirt to go down into exhaust. Water was in the oil when I drained it but I am not sure if it was leaking past the liner o rings or just rain getting past the rings into the base. Either way going to inframe engine. Engine would not turn over at all. Surprisingly everything came apart nicely and wasn't to terribly rusty on the inside. Had to purchase another coolant manifold because the original had a hole in it. To the tune of $350 used..... Have PB Blaster and CNH penetrating fluid sitting in the cylinders now to try and get it to move. Still need to remove base and get pistons out. The tractor was missing the panels that have the international emblem on them and also the small panels behind them towards the rear of the tractor. With help from a friend from Ohio looking for them in junk yards we have found a clean straight set. Looking forward to her revival. 

806 Vs 826.jpg

Tractor in Shop.JPG

Sheet Metal Off.JPG

Valve Train.JPG

New Coolant Manifold.JPG

Injectors.JPG

Head Removel .JPG

Cylinders.JPG

• Like 2

Rockers sure are rusty, but liners look pretty good.

There was a lot of condensation under the valve cover. Still haven't had any luck getting everything moving. Pretty good size bar on the ring gear rocking back and fourth isn't cutting it yet. 

9 minutes ago, IHEnnis said:

There was a lot of condensation under the valve cover. Still haven't had any luck getting everything moving. Pretty good size bar on the ring gear rocking back and fourth isn't cutting it yet. 

Take rods loose from crank, and a block of wood and a hammer.  

I am getting to that point. I figure she didn't become stuck in a day so she isn't going to become unstuck in a day. Hopefully the penetrating fluid works its way down around the rings and helps out.

• Like 1

Split it and tear it down.  You are only causing yourself more work trying to in-frame it.  Can't do even a halfway  decent rebuild on a stuck engine in the frame.  Looks like too good a machine to not fix right.  Good luck!

Update: Removed the pan and pulled the caps off all the rods. Could only manage to get two pistons removed because the others still would not move well enough to get crank in correct orientation to remove other rods. Pistons 3 & 4 that where removed looked great with not much scuffing on the skirts or any funny business. The rod crank journals looked perfect and the bearings had little wear. The bad news is i did find a crack in sleeve #5 when trying to remove the rod.  I have quickly came to the conclusion that the tractor will need to be split to remove the block and pressure check it and clean the scale. Would hate to do all the work and get it in-framed to only have the block be cracked from sitting outside with the potential of water inside. Have the head power washed off and planning on sending it off to be checked over and have new injector cups and freeze plugs installed.

#3 & #4 Pistons .JPG

#5 Cracked Sleeve .JPG