Found a pic of me pulling a  F-4 Phantom to a gate guard stand a while back !Spent its life as a Nasa test plane many of the pilots had signed the inside of the nose cone and dated !Had the Aluminum Overcast stop by on dedication day and one of the pilots that flew the F 4

thumbnail.jpg

• Like 2

Nice! Best airshow plane ever for both the T Birds and Blue Angles. Neither the fastest nor the most maneuverable but never beat for pure visceral, J79 noise! Tremendous history as a first-line fighter for Air Force, Marines, and Navy as well as being operated by many other countries.

Really cool pic. Where abouts  was this pic taken? Somewhere in Michigan? I was lucky to see both the Thunderbirds and the Blue Angels fly their F-4’s at numerous air shows back in the day. Phantoms Phorever! 

On 6/9/2019 at 4:01 PM, Vanstractors said:

Found a pic of me pulling a  F-4 Phantom to a gate guard stand a while back !Spent its life as a Nasa test plane many of the pilots had signed the inside of the nose cone and dated !Had the Aluminum Overcast stop by on dedication day and one of the pilots that flew the F 4

thumbnail.jpg

Dump and Burn Baby!!!

Had the wrong plane in mind.

I took my then girlfriend to a Blue Angles show at the now closed South Weymouth NAS. They took of and disappeared, she was hot and bored until they sneaked up behind the crowd and lit the burners. I knew it was coming, she did not. She hit the deck! She loved the show and talked about it for day afterwards. She was not so impressed when the T Birds were flying T38s.