JRS4

Need for check valves in hydralic remotes .

I bought a CIH 5250 with a loader that is powered off the two remotes . I want to add a bale squeezer , and use my round baler ( needs to remotes ) . I'm thinking of adding to the remote stack .When I look up used remotes,  with or without check valve is always stated .   My question is do I need the check valves remotes  or will remotes without be fine for what I'm trying to do . Also big cost difference between  the two    Thanks

You don't need load checks on a circuit that you cycle completely one way or the other. I would go with the cheaper one. If desired you can stack them however you like with exception of the bottom one it is the priority remote. I may have several good used ones upstairs. Let me look.........................👓

Thanks for reply , I’m very interested in any remotes you might have for my 5250 . I would also need the forks that attaches to the remote I will make my own rods / linkage   Thank you. I bought this tractor last fall and have learned a lot about it by the information and answers you have given other people .

I’ve got load checks on my 5240 with a loader. You don’t want them cause if you move the lever to fast the load check takes over and stops the loader from moving. You need to cycle back the other way and start over. PinTAz if your trying to point drop something. 

John

Thanks for the first hand knowledge. What your telling me is the check valves do too good of a job !!   

On 6/8/2019 at 10:41 PM, Weapon said:

I’ve got load checks on my 5240 with a loader. You don’t want them cause if you move the lever to fast the load check takes over and stops the loader from moving. You need to cycle back the other way and start over. PinTAz if your trying to point drop something. 

John

You can remove your load check and replace it with CNH # 1971475C1 

On 6/8/2019 at 9:47 PM, JRS4 said:

I’m very interested in any remotes you might have for my 5250

Found 3 upstairs..........PM me 

We used to remove the load checks and install the dummy plugs that CaseIH tech is talking about for loader use on 51/5200 series Maxxums, otherwise the loader would chatter going up/down. The load check needs at least 4GPM to work smoothly. Less than that, the load check locks/unlocks repeatedly, causing loader operation to be very annoying to the operator, to say the least. 

Thanks guys been meaning to ask bout removing them. 

John