MTO

Some of this is uncalled for

I have a huge dislike for factory farms. They have ruined a way of life.

• Like 4

We don't actually know if this is all true, these groups have been known to have people working together causing the issues and starting trouble. Nobody wants to see animals abused, they (ARM, PETA National Humane society and others) call themselves a nonprofit but its a big money grab with donations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I"m sorry, I had to stop watching it. It made me sick to my stomach. If I caught someone abusing animals like that, I would I lose control. I would be the one sent to jail. And you know, it would be worth doin' the time. It's too bad the decent dairymen of this country, by far the biggest percentage, have to deal with the fallout from places like in the video. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, TW7110 said:

We don't actually know if this is all true, these groups have been known to have people working together causing the issues and starting trouble. Nobody wants to see animals abused, they (ARM, PETA National Humane society and others) call themselves a nonprofit but its a big money grab with donations.

Watt's the name of the longest river in the world???

Oh now I remember.

It's called da Nile.

What a joke.

A year long investigation and they found 3 Mexicans, two who were fired before this even came out and a vender abusing cattle. Hate to tell you but there are bad apples everywhere.

The message in the video was stop buying dairy products, that was the ******** exact words.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SMiller said:

What a joke.

A year long investigation and they found 3 Mexicans, two who were fired before this even came out and a vender abusing cattle. Hate to tell you but there are bad apples everywhere.

The message in the video was stop buying dairy products, that was the ******** exact words.

1324.gif

38 minutes ago, TW7110 said:

Many agree with your perspective. 

I cannot IMAGINE this world before/without animal rights groups regardless of their agenda. 

But your statement that nobody wants to see animals abused has been challenged by this video. 

41 minutes ago, MTO said:

Many agree with your perspective. 

I cannot IMAGINE this world before/without animal rights groups regardless of their agenda. 

But your statement that nobody wants to see animals abused has been challenged by this video. 

I am sure the owner of that farm would be appalled to see his employees treating the cattle in such a manner.  But that's a problem when you get to be so large and have so many farms and so many cows there's no human way to ensure every employee is treating the animals humanely.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ihfarmer1586 said:

I am sure the owner of that farm would be appalled to see his employees treating the cattle in such a manner.  But that's a problem when you get to be so large and have so many farms and so many cows there's no human way to ensure every employee is treating the animals humanely.

Watt was Harry Truman's signature statement???

Oh now I remember.

"The Buck Stops Here"

Interesting how some peeps shift accountability from here to there totally dependent upon the circumstance of the ill.......

Pointing out the dangers of endless farm consolidation and growth, there is such thing as too big.  I'm sure if you were in den dalks shoes not a single animal would ever be mistreated, probably not even insulted!  Maybe a bedtime story for the little calves each night?  Lol. 

Who's shifting accountability?  Did I say the owner was blameless?  But did the owner perpetrate the abuse?

1 hour ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Watt was Harry Truman's signature statement???

Oh now I remember.

"The Buck Stops Here"

Interesting how some peeps shift accountability from here to there totally dependent upon the circumstance of the ill.......

Look at case law. This is another example of "respondeat superior" or "let the master answer". That translates into the employer is responsible for the employees actions. Now if a hands off owner has an employee doing something like that the employer is the company/corporation. The company itself can lose licenses and or pay large fines/penalties. If the management/owner is aware of such abuses they are also subject to criminal prosecution although that seldom happens because it's extremely difficult to secure a conviction. You have the employee who got caught pointing a finger at the manager/CEO/owner who in turn claims to have no knowledge. He said she said kinda thing. So the company/farm gets fined and an employee gets a fine and maybe jail time most often.

Now would I put it past PETA abusing animals trying to make livestock farming illegal and force everyone to become vegans? No, I could see the sick minds in PETA doing just that.

Would I put it past a farm big or small abusing it's own animals? NO! Been more than one small farmer been arrested charged and convicted with animal abuse. Some big places have been caught too.

Rick

• Like 1

Don’t care how big of business you have you can still walk though and see what’s going on, not sit in your office and send emails 

• Like 1

vegan group down here has as part of its manifesto

includes bees that need liberating

im hoping that they do try and liberate some bees,                 might be fun to watch

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Wi Ih said:

Don’t care how big of business you have you can still walk though and see what’s going on, not sit in your office and send emails 

OH I agree. You don't have to go and yell at people to make sure things are right. Just walk through. Watch what they are doing. Just don't do on a schedule. Random so the workers don't know when you may show up.

Rick

7 hours ago, MTO said:

Mark. I always wonder about an organization that doesn't give you the means directly contact them or question methods. I don't believe in maltreating animals.  But that vid? They say that was a years plus long "investigation". I have several questions.

1: They keep looping the abuse videos. Why? If it was that bad and as they claim an all day everyday thing then they, after more than a year should be able to present that without any repeat footage.

2: They claim drug abuse without any proof as to who the individuals are, who they work for or where they are actually located. 

3: I actually saw several cases where animal abuse is is there for all to see. But a cow calling for a baby? Happens all the time. I've seen cows that sound like that just normal moo's for them. 

4: Like someone else said a vendor and 2 employees who were fired. Someone, the jerk presenting the vid, is trying to shut them down. Guess what? He shuts the dairy industry down he'll go after the meat market next. These idiots have an agenda. And that is to control what you are allowed to consume.

The last question is:

5: If the abuse was so bad why in the heck didn't they report it right away instead of "investigating" for over a year? That makes them guilty of aiding. And what makes them a qualified investigator? A qualified investigator is bound to report criminal activity and to turn over any legally gained evidence to authorities when they witness criminal activity. Most states treating animals like that is a criminal offence.  

Rick

• Like 1

Unfortunately for me, we have numerous foreign mega dairies. They pretty much wreck anything and everything, roads, fields, culvert, tiles, ditches, private driveways. I would guess they aren't that great with their cows, everything is about keeping costs down and profit up. Ask them about helping pay for a road they destroyed? Forget it, they'll tell you they are just as entitled to use it as everyone else. Sure, it was the 300 manure trucks a day that destroyed it, and not old Aunt Millie's Buick, but that's where the right to farm act has them covered. They know they don't have to help pay for it, so they don't. That's why the actual residents that lived in the area before they got here 20 years ago really don't care for them. That being said, when you have that many animals, and your livelihood is the animal that provides that for you with its body one way or another, it is your job to respect it's life and treat it well and keep it comfortable.  At work one day, I had to get over while on my way to fix up a road they destroyed. I had to get over to let one of their south of the border employees get by me with their skidsteer. When you have a dairy that a lot of cars go by, it is NOT a good practice or a good way to get people to think very highly of your farm when you have a down cow stabbed through the middle with a skidsteer fork driving along/across the road on it's way to the dead pile for the rendering truck to pick up. Was it dead? I don't know for sure, sure didn't look like it. Does it matter? It makes all farmers look bad. I do know of a story from my buddy that lives near a very good sized American run dairy. He said the owner happened to wake up to pee or something in the middle of the night and walked by the moniters for his surveillance camera where he witnessed a south of the border worker beating a cow. He was incensed, put his clothes on and went down to the parlor. When he got there, he gave the guy his pay and told him that the cows were their lifeblood and we don't EVER beat our cows. He then sent him on down the road, where he probably went to work for one of the others in the area .

OH, Mark, go and read the founders BIO. No formal training in investigations mentioned. Just the fact that he was a business man and realtor before starting this "non-profit". Wonder what his salary is for running this non-profit?

Rick

3 hours ago, oldtanker said:

5: If the abuse was so bad why in the heck didn't they report it right away instead of "investigating" for over a year? That makes them guilty of aiding. And what makes them a qualified investigator? A qualified investigator is bound to report criminal activity and to turn over any legally gained evidence to authorities when they witness criminal activity. Most states treating animals like that is a criminal offence.  

Rick

We've had the same issue down here with our live export market, sitting on incriminating footage and only releasing it at the right moment for the most gain. It also came to light that people were being paid to film footage on the ships and were being coached to make it look as bad as possible.

We ( west oz farmers) have also had a recent spate of vegan protestor f*ckwits traspassing onto dairies in our southwest( going so far as to steal calves to " liberate " them )  it has spurred the farmers to lobby the government to crack down on it and work on creating specific laws and charges for the police to enforce.

https://thewest.com.au/countryman/news/farmers-increase-calls-to-beef-up-trespass-laws-ng-b881126600z

https://thewest.com.au/countryman/news/pollies-in-a-stew-over-trespassing-ng-b881122399z

I want to know is he claims he takes full responsibility for this, so does he get the jail time ?

58 minutes ago, Wi Ih said:

I want to know is he claims he takes full responsibility for this, so does he get the jail time ?

Why would it matter even if they could produce evidence enough to convict? It won't kill the dairy. You ain't gonna have it broke up and available for 50-150 small dairies spring up in it's place even if he goes to jail. They (the owners) will just hire someone else to run the place.

As far as him? To actually get enough to convict? You'd have a hard time producing evidence. He knows that. He knows that legally he hasn't committed a crime. And even if they would charge him he'd never cop a plea. So it's a statement made for public relations. So no, no jail. 

Rick

Keep digging OT. 

You`ll soon have yourself convinced you are right. 

Regardless of who did it/who is responsible/what the groups agenda was/how much $ was pocketed, the fact remains that humans are/can be heartless ba$tards. 

Like I said above, none of which you replied to, I cannot imagine this world without animal rights groups. 

As bad as that video is, there are kids on our planet treated worse.  THAT concerns me more than animal abuse, but someone who does that to animals isn't far from doing it to defenseless humans. There are videos from former abortion "doctors"  showing some typical procedures, appalling murder of our most defenseless and precious children.  The world is a dark place without the gospel light.

• Like 2