Sign in to follow this  
odSteve

Loadstar Air Cleaner

Hi,
Does anyone have a used Loadstar air cleaner they are willing to sell cheap? Used but good condition paper element type for a Holley 2300 carb for a 304, 345 or 392 engine.
Thanks.
Steve

On 6/5/2019 at 7:51 PM, lightninboy said:

If you can't find one, is there a good substitute?

I don't know that there is ...

I sold a truck and between the time I sold it and the buyer came to pick it up, someone stole the air cleaner.  I don't know who as a lot of people came to look at the truck as it sat in my unfenced front yard.... but now I owe him an air cleaner. . . . 

On 6/6/2019 at 8:59 PM, lightninboy said:

I suppose put a request out on the truck junkyard network.

How do I do that?  Does anyone here know of an internet link?    Unfortunately there is no actual junk yard, either car or truck, within 60 miles of where I live.

Anyone's help in securing an OEM air cleaner assembly would be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you.

If it was a Scout you could maybe put an aftermarket hot rod air filter on it, but you need something with more filtration capacity? Would something from a Ford or Chevy fit on it? Need any special smog connections?

10 hours ago, lightninboy said:

If it was a Scout you could maybe put an aftermarket hot rod air filter on it, but you need something with more filtration capacity? Would something from a Ford or Chevy fit on it? Need any special smog connections?

No smog connections needed at all.  

A Ford or Chevy air cleaner housing assembly from a medium duty truck would probably work ok if it would fit on a Holley carb.

Thanks.

Try Steves Trucks in Scottsbluff Nebraska. I purchased the badge for the front of my loadstar a few years back. I know they have a salvage yard and a truck sales up there

An aftermarket  air cleaner for a holley  4 black should work. Thx-Ace

Any hot rod cleaner for a Holley will work.