chevenstein

1256 vs CIH 1896

7 hours ago, stronger800 said:

Lots of tractors listed in PA, cleaner and cheaper than in NY and up. 

Yeah I've seen a few around in PA on Craigslist. 

McFadden’s adds make nervous for some reason.

I run a 2096 for township. Would go with 1256. Case transmission is jerky at best on the Case.

Find a way to swing a boxcar Magnum.... :)

That's about the best older tractor money can buy.   I didn't think I could afford one either, but I went and looked at one back in January and then went and talked to bank about borrowing a few bucks for a few months.   I got mine from a private seller, and the more I use it the less I want to use much else.  

My best friend growing up is a die hard green fan.  He's had my magnum for the last few weeks spreading turkey manure and his text a few days ago was "OK I am really liking your magnum. Enough I might buy one"     "I love the powershift" I about fell off my chair LOL  I need to save that text as I am sure it must of been a moment of weakness for him to send it lol 

7130.jpg

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

1086s are getting harder to find for that here in central iowa. I have been watching off and on for a couple years now. Nicer ones on craigs list are more often 12 to 14 now tho once in a while a few will pop up around 95, at least thats what i have been seing. Most are not pristine either tho decent.

I agree.  Hard to find good ones and expensive if you do.  2 1486 tractors on auction this weekend. One is 900 hours, the other is less than 3000.  Should sell good.  Hallenburg Auction  at Marshalltown,  IA.   

Here is my 1486.  5500 hours.  Purchased from my neighbor 5 years ago for $12,000.

20190504_180716.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys.  I looked at and am going to pass on those tractors at MacFaddens.  On the way back I looked at one of the CL links (the 1206) that was posted and I had missed before, that's a nice working tractor and I like it.  I'll probably buy it (got to get rid of a problem White I was going to trade at MacFadden's first).

On the PA tractors, remember that I'm in VT, not central NY.  For me PA is at minimum a 4.5 hour drive and most places in the state are closer to 6-8.  At that distance it's not much more expensive/time consuming to be buying something from halfway across the country.

Thanks again, all.

Well I don't own a 1206 ,always wanted one. They are one of the COOLEST IH tractors along with a 1026.When you see a IH in the field from a mile off and you can see those white fenders you know EXACTLY what it is.That is their trademark signature. Plus it is a 806 on steroids.

You can't go wrong.

7 hours ago, chevenstein said:

Thanks guys.  I looked at and am going to pass on those tractors at MacFaddens.  On the way back I looked at one of the CL links (the 1206) that was posted and I had missed before, that's a nice working tractor and I like it.  I'll probably buy it (got to get rid of a problem White I was going to trade at MacFadden's first).

On the PA tractors, remember that I'm in VT, not central NY.  For me PA is at minimum a 4.5 hour drive and most places in the state are closer to 6-8.  At that distance it's not much more expensive/time consuming to be buying something from halfway across the country.

Thanks again, all.

Imo I wouldn't hesitate on that 1206. It's a decent looking tractor. Like I said I thought about buying it but I've spent too much money on other things. So you're welcome on having the opportunity to get it hahaha.