Sign in to follow this  
Baystatebinder

mx 240 hydraulic remote problems

So I am having this problem with the remotes on my mx240.  I replaced some solenoids and the remote wiring harness.  The hydraulic hoses are popping out when it is activated.  Anyone know what could be the problem and how to solve it?  

#1 problem is the covers / doors on remote couplers hold dirt inside. Over a period of time as the dirt builds up inside cover it keeps the locking balls from working like they should. I would suggest removing covers and pressure washing the couplers out good. Then oil them good, maybe even take a male tip and put in coupler and rotate it around and wash them out some more. 

What CIHTECH said. Have to clean mine up every couple years. Usually remove door panel and clean out dirt and oil with brake clean and air pressure then oil. Make sure your drains are clear also. 

One other thing on mine is some times the style of end will make a difference in connecting and staying connected. 

John

thank you.  I had just sold this and they went to use it and it wouldn't work.  They checked the pressure and the answer they sent back was as follows.  "number 1 remote 3000lbs each fitting.  number 2 showed no pressure and then something happened and it shoved the gauge out so hard it broke the gauge".