Sign in to follow this  
nate

Struts and shocks

Time for new shocks and struts in our 2014 Acadia.   What brands are good quality theese days?? 

I need to replace a set on my 05 cobalt. Given the cars age and value I will most likely buy a set from Amazon, they run about $135 a pair and have decent reviews

I just put Napa quick struts in my parents 11 traverse. Guess I'll see how long they last. 

Gabriel!

Had good luck with Rock Auto.....price is right and usually several quality levels to choose from. 

• Like 1

Just had to put new struts on our '15 Suburban with approx 80,000 miles. Vehicle haa the automatic level control, only struts available were thru GM. Total repair bill at local shop , not GM, was almost $1,800.  Shop owner lost money as they broke their compressor, replacement cost was almost $900.

1 hour ago, boog said:

Just had to put new struts on our '15 Suburban with approx 80,000 miles. Vehicle haa the automatic level control, only struts available were thru GM. Total repair bill at local shop , not GM, was almost $1,800.  Shop owner lost money as they broke their compressor, replacement cost was almost $900.

Was in the market for a Tahoe a few months ago. On advice of a GM technician friend, I wouldn't get one with those air struts. I guess a LOT of people have had experiences similar to yours.

9 hours ago, KWRB said:

Was in the market for a Tahoe a few months ago. On advice of a GM technician friend, I wouldn't get one with those air struts. I guess a LOT of people have had experiences similar to yours.

This is the 5th vehicle with the automatic leveling suspension, first one to have an issue with but normally trade before 50,000 miles. If it wasn't for $3 corn it would have been long gone.