Maxxum 115 L750 loader, joystick help

image.thumb.jpg.aded64e51a92573a31e2055b9d114ef8.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.efe32ea227be1b4024fad281f04d46b2.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.5cbea440898b9b529a083fb6edb79d2d.jpgCable pulled cable pulled/stripped/broke out of the "knuckle" in the joystick 5-6 years ago and I (think) they told me that the only way to buy any part for the joystick was as a complete kit, as if it was being installed on a bare tractor, and the kit was like $1000 or $1500. I remember being really happy when I was able to repair  it with a helicoil right in the cab without taking anything apart.  It let go this winter and I was able to patch it up again just as easy. Fast forward to today..... Now I'm going to need to buy parts. Could anybody point me  toward a parts diagram for this thing?  I think I remember the parts guy saying there were two or three different style joysticks (back 5-6 years ago) and it sounded like he couldn't identify which one I have.  (Given it was a fairly new tractor, ordered with the loader, purchased from them......). Thanks image.thumb.jpg.607f264b29ec633ff26c6e03969f1e94.jpg

I have gotten a lot of hydraulic valves from Beiler Hydraulics in Leola PA. I think they should be able to get an aftermarket joystick if they don't recognize the brand of what you currently have 

Thanks. I deal a lot with another local dealer that sells the Blue versions of these.  I had them in the phone for something else this morning and the guy there thinks he recognizes it.  There is a bushing in there that he says they replace every so often, so he's going to call the place that he gets the bushings from. Fingers crossed. 

Is the joystick part listed with the loader or with the tractor?

I thought these were Alo Quicke loaders built in Europe, but I was watching an old Youtube video and it said they were built in Canada.

That tractor should be new enough that if you give your dealer the serial# of the tractor he should be able to put it into the parts system and get the “variente codes” for the tractor that lists all the options on the tractor including the proper joystick for it. Variente codes are similar to IH’s line setting tickets in their trucks. 

I appreciate the help.....but I just can't find it.  When I go to the diagams for my 2007 built maxxum..... None of that stuff looks like what is in my tractor.  I unbolted my joystick tonight and took it all apart.  Going to see if i can't have my stripped hole welded solid and I'll retread it. (some type of odd feeling, pretty sturdy, cast aluminum).  Still hoping I hear back from dealer in the morning. 

This afternoon I called and he said that he had hard back from Alo and thought he had a part number for what I needed. Then I sent him my pics.....and he needed to start over.  

Last time I bought a new (ie, brand new)  skidsteer , the factory installed fuel filters were painted over and I could not locate any numbers on them.  Took three tries to get me the correct primary filter.  For a new machine. That they had just sold me.  Not the parts guys fault...the parts diagrams were a mess. 

Not gonna bet my life on it, but that joystick looks similar to the one used on later MXMs which would be about the same vintage. Looks like you can get a brand-new one, or a remanufactured one. I think I have installed remanned units of these in the past. Part # 87302732 for a new one, 87302732R for a remanned unit.

Looking at your picture, does the wiring harness go to a little module beside the joystick? They used that setup for awhile so the operator could feather the grapple open/closed with the rocker switch.

Maxxum joystick.PNG

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Yeah, well, SDman -saved the day- for me, and I hope those numbers work for you too. I installed two new cables at the same time. The old cables must have had dirt/dust in them, making them actuate hard, placing extra stress on the joystick parts. My tractor was low hr, and clean, andthe cables were kinda stiff.  My parts guys (again....where I bought the tractor....and have done Steady business, for 35 years)  -could not or would not- find those numbers for me. SDman, thank you -Again. 

I had only ordered one cable at first, then once I felt the new one compared to old....I got the second one. Not a bad job at all. And, the helicoil kit did work for me for several years, the first time. So you could try that too.

Yeah, multiple joysticks in the parts book. I guess the key to finding the right one is I need the joystick with the grapple fork switch on the knob. Was having some deal with a pin came out that the boom function pivots on. Put a pin in but it could still come out eventually. Was looking for that happening, but I think my boom control cable broke off of the joystick. Might be smart to replace both cables.

One Titan dealership said cables are available. Another Titan dealership said cables are not available. Even if other parts are available, they'd rather sell a Reman joystick.

After posting earlier, I called my CNH dealer, and for another <$50, I ordered all of those small parts again, just to have them. Parts guy said those cables fit a lot of tractors over several years and that they sell a fair amount of them. Didn’t think they would be discontinued anytime soon 

Experienced Case IH mechanic came out with Reman joystick and put it in.  It works good, but the cables behind the cab seem to stick out farther than the original cables like they are longer possibly. As long as the cables don't catch on the 3-point hitch or contact a hose or another cable too hard or get squished by a bouncing cab, I guess they are okay. I should have had mechanic look at the back end before he left but he might not have changed them anyway and might not have had much for alternative routing. If you must operate a loader with a broken cable, you may be able to strip covering off the broken end and move the cable with a Vise-Grip. The cables have flexible sheafs to keep elements out of cab holes. The cable was attached to the joystick by a ball joint with a clip setup like a door gas strut has. The other end of the cable uses a spring clip. Mechanic has never had a grapple fork control problem and doesn't know what the box on the right side of the seat is for. Should look at routing before you start the job, mark which cable end goes to which valve connection, tie fishing lines onto the cable ends and pull old cables rearward so the lines leave routes for new cables. When old joystick and cables are out, put them and the new ones side by side and see if the cables are the same length. Determine which cable is for boom and for tilt. Put new cables through the routes marked by fishing lines. If you don't mark which cable connects to which connection, you'll have to hook cables up right by trial and error. Don't lift boom high, as it might drop when you let it down. When you get cables attached to proper valve connections, center the installed joystick and lock it and then finish connecting the cables to the valve. Test the loader operation. Look at cable routing and see if it is acceptable. The MX joysticks are generally more durable than the Maxxum joysticks.

IMG_0035.thumb.jpg.a48327fa9300eff68ee3d5269523c424.jpg

IMG_0036.thumb.jpg.53b9f812dcecbd0bdd323f5dce8ca46a.jpg

IMG_0037.thumb.jpg.03e24045993ff0258bf76ac1d55c0d5e.jpg

IMG_0038.thumb.jpg.0bd5d3627b80809970a9917a28e0c4c0.jpg

IMG_0040.thumb.jpg.02aa600068bd156d23801c20117752c1.jpg

IMG_0041.thumb.jpg.fef6c3351c955997b168f57a1308a0b4.jpg