Sign in to follow this  
Bryan Rodger

lost a red power member

Yesterday we lost George 2 to complications from his cancer. George and I attended the same school in Lachute, Quebec. We were raised on dairy farms about 10 miles apart. Upon graduation  from school he attended McGill university graduating with a degree mechanical  engenering .

After a short stint of working for John Deere he embarked on life long career with Ontario Hydro.  All the time farming with International Harvestor Machinery.  He was a value source of knowledge He will be sorely missed by all who knew him. 

Funeral Service will be held from Mackenzie and McCreath Funeral Home , Ripley Ontario May 23, 2019, 1:00 p.m.

Good bye George.  May all the rows be Farmall straight.  

Born September 3-1946 died May 18, 2019

B.R.  (formely Quebec Red on this forum)

• Sad 8

Great knowledgeable guy.RIP. Cancer sucks.

• Like 1

Very sad to here this.

Sorry to hear thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family

Very sorry to hear the sad news. My condolences to the family and friends.

George had a fantastic amount of knowledge of IH, its management and its downfall and the possibilities of what could have been done to save it. I always really enjoyed his posts on the subject. He will be missed here, RIP George 2.

George was a great member. Sorry for your loss. George will be missed.

Gee thats too bad. Always enjoyed reading his posts as well. Rip George

hadn't realized George wasn't well.   He was always a source of good information and seemed to be a solid guy.   Thanks for the link to his obituary

Sorry to hear this. Prayers for his family and friends. His input will be missed

George 2 passed May 18th from complications fighting a long battle with cancer. He earlier had posted on here a summary of how the disease was affecting him. He remained ever optimistic that he would be victorious. The disease proved to be too much evan for his Magnums to pull up the grade. George and i attended the same school at Lachute, Quebec. We were raised on dairy farms about 10 miles apart. Upon graduation from school, he attended McGill university (Montreal, Quebec) and left with a degree in mechcanical engineering , eventually securing a life long  carrer with Ontario Hydrro electric production. All the while he farmed in Bruce county exclusively with IH and then Case IH. arrangements entrusted to Mackenzie and Mccreath Funeral home, Ripley, Ontario. Funeral is Thursday May 23 at 1 pm. 

I previously posted as Quebec Red on the old forum.  George 2 will be missed by all for his vast and detailed knowledge not only about IH, but many varied subjects. He leaves his wife of 31 years along with 2 children.May the rows always be Farmall straight, , and the shutters open fully at WOT, and watch that  EGT. Thank you George, it was a wonderful ride we had all those years together.

Eastern Ontario Red (EO RED).

• Thanks 1

I too enjoyed reading his posts he had about IH they were always interesting to read. Prayers for the family are sent 

RIP George 

Sorry to hear of his passing, he was a good guy 

Sympathy to the Thorburn Family, George will be sadly missed on Red Power Forum, Always enjoyed a visit with George at our tractor days, was always up on  IH and Case IH, very knowlegable on anything in life, spent many hours with him during our many years of selling memorabilia for Chapter 20. Sad how such a sickness can eat up a strong healthy man as he was the last time we met,

Carl and Mary Ellen Ruby

Thank you Mr. Bryan Rodger for informing us about George.

Please feel welcome to come back to RPF anytime.

No good rotten heartless freakin` cancer claims yet another.

RIP George. 

• Like 1

I am very sorry to hear that, I was always very interested knowlegable in his comments

Im sorry to hear this. I thought just a few days ago that he hadn't posted anything in a while. He was a great wealth of knowledge that will be sorely missed. RIP

RIP George

Onward and upward George2. You will be missed. 

John

• Like 1

Oh no, this is terrible news. George was always interesting to read...and he knew what he was talking about, no matter what the subject was. He truly was a very valuable asset to this forum.

RIP George, you were one of the good guys.

Onward and upward George2. You will be missed. 

John

This is very sad indeed. May his family and friends find peace in the good memories they hold dear. Life is so fragile.

Wes

• Like 1