IHC5488

Red Power, Bloomsburg

51 minutes ago, FarmallFan said:

You have to attend the National Meeting at RPRU in Bloomsburg in order to vote. I forget what year the 2013 show was voted on but I seem to remember being at the National meeting for that.

The 2013 show was voted on in 2010 at La Porte, Indiana. Ohio and Iowa put a bid in host a Round Up for 2013.

You must be a member and attend National Meeting to vote on where a Red Power Round Up is held. The winning chapter has 3 years to plan a Red Power Round Up. 

• Like 1

On Friday, June 14, 2019 at 1:27 PM, Scott! said:

I don't see RPRU existing 10 years from now.  I doubt the winter convention will exist 5 years from now.  The insurance portion of hosting an event is getting out of hand.  Throw the lack of people and time problems that Bitty has mentioned and it is a recipe for disaster.

Ooof... that's a depressing thought, and I sure hope you're wrong! I haven't been able to attend for the last couple years, and unfortunately, that trend is continuing this year. I have attended several RPRU'shows over the years, however in IL, IA, WI, MO, IN, and OH and have enjoyed each of them immensely. Also usually try to take advantage of a little local sightseeing of some sort along the way. Hopefully there is a long, bright future still ahead for RPRU

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Merk said:

The 2013 show was voted on in 2010 at La Porte, Indiana. Ohio and Iowa put a bid in host a Round Up for 2013.

You must be a member and attend National Meeting to vote on where a Red Power Round Up is held. The winning chapter has 3 years to plan a Red Power Round Up. 

I was fairly certain it was at LaPorte where that vote happened. I was busy helping Chapter 33 put on the show so its sort of a blur. :D

I will be there with Mrs. ih88 and hopefully our Son and his wife.  Looking forward to meeting everyone. Jim.  

• Like 1

What the weather forecast sunny I hope

2 hours ago, 560Dennis said:

What the weather forecast sunny I hope

Been nothing but rain in the northeast for weeks.  I'm in CNY and I can promise anyone from my area that we will have the best weather all summer in the 3 days I leave the farm to go to Red Power!!

Thinking about taking a Cub Cadet.  I have a couple questions someone may be able to answer:

1) I have to join their chapter or be a member of another accredited chapter to display, correct?   Can I join that day at the show or do I have to be a member in good standing xxx days before the show?

2) Are admission passes free/reduced for people who bring displays?  I see vendors get a couple passes, but didn't see anything about people bringing a display.

3)  How old do you have to be to drive in the parade?  My 7 year old daughter would like to drive her Cub Cadet in the parade. Would it be OK if I rode in the cart behind her?

4) Do you have to display all 3 days or can you leave Friday night? 

Thanks for any answers.  We've never displayed at at a RPRU before and would love the chance to get to participate.

22 minutes ago, Snowmad said:

Been nothing but rain in the northeast for weeks.  I'm in CNY and I can promise anyone from my area that we will have the best weather all summer in the 3 days I leave the farm to go to Red Power!!

Thinking about taking a Cub Cadet.  I have a couple questions someone may be able to answer:

1) I have to join their chapter or be a member of another accredited chapter to display, correct?   Can I join that day at the show or do I have to be a member in good standing xxx days before the show?

2) Are admission passes free/reduced for people who bring displays?  I see vendors get a couple passes, but didn't see anything about people bringing a display.

3)  How old do you have to be to drive in the parade?  My 7 year old daughter would like to drive her Cub Cadet in the parade. Would it be OK if I rode in the cart behind her?

4) Do you have to display all 3 days or can you leave Friday night? 

Thanks for any answers.  We've never displayed at at a RPRU before and would love the chance to get to participate.

Question 1 you only have to be a national member and don't have to have any chapter 17 ( or other ) membership

#4 you can leave at your convenience

Not sure on the other answers

I’m coming down wed afternoon and am meeting one of the vendors at the show to buy a bunch of wheel weights and some other decent size parts will I be able to get to drive into his display to load I’m hoping so 

6 hours ago, bitty said:

Question 1 you only have to be a national member and don't have to have any chapter 17 ( or other ) membership

#3 You must have a valid drivers licence to drive anything at a Red Power Roundup.  

#2  Usually an Exhibitor gets 2 free passes but it is up to the hosting club's preference.

jerry

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bitty said:

You can purchase a national membership at the show-----$15.00

Iplan on being there on Thursday and leaving early Friday. Hope to meet a lot of you guys in person.  Eason

is there a vendor list available?

and where to find them.....

the non dealers  flea area...what are you bringing....?

I was asking my brother and it looks like the weather will be better than it has all year so far . Good for the show, bad for me as I will probably have to be at two places at once :(

1 hour ago, bitty said:

I was asking my brother and it looks like the weather will be better than it has all year so far . Good for the show, bad for me as I will probably have to be at two places at once :(

I looked at Bloomsburg's 10 day forecast and had the same reaction.

You guys are putting more stock in the weatherman than I do, they can't get out 24 hours right and you guys are worried about days and days.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

You guys are putting more stock in the weatherman than I do, they can't get out 24 hours right and you guys are worried about days and days.

It's my luck that it's perfect at the farm and Dad's going to go crazy because I am at a tractor show in planning for three years 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, bitty said:

It's my luck that it's perfect at the farm and Dad's going to go crazy because I am at a tractor show in planning for three years 

Tell him you can’t be around the farm because your terrified of skunks! He’ll understand....

14 minutes ago, NY1468 said:

Tell him you can’t be around the farm because your terrified of skunks! He’ll understand....

He has seen 9 skunks in the same commodity bay which mixing feed really early in the morning

We are planning on coming Wednesday with the two gold demos and leaving on Saturday sometime. Really looking forward to seeing you guys there!!

• Like 1

Screenshot_2019-06-24-21-34-44.thumb.png.b3015de53dfab158b6bff36df79c3a23.pngScreenshot_2019-06-24-21-34-44.thumb.png.b3015de53dfab158b6bff36df79c3a23.png

Some screenshots from Spacebook hopefully they will be legible

Screenshot_2019-06-24-21-34-51.png

Screenshot_2019-06-24-21-37-34.png

On 6/18/2019 at 10:46 AM, mmi said:

is there a vendor list available?

and where to find them.....

the non dealers  flea area...what are you bringing....?

I'm bringing a #2 cart for sale and an IH Cub Cadet Windbreaker cab.